^my thoughts exactlyJeroen wrote:I just got the DVD today.
A few comments after watching it a few times:
- Joe's 'Searching' is amazing & intense, I like it _alot_
- Joe's "War' is a classic!
- John Petrucci's Damage Control is also very cool
- Steve's "The Audience is Listning' is ultra cool, fun to watch and sounds terrific.
- Steve's 'Building the church' is awesome, I love that song so much..
- Steve's 'K'm Pee Du Wee' is fucking stellar, that solo-improv section is waaaaay off the charts. I looped it about 20 times and I'm still floored.
Not only the solo is cool, Jeremy's drumming there is just perfect.
that's 21 times..
The Jam is as it should be. Fun, not overdone, lotsa fireworks.
Loved the soundcheck bit That chicken is hilarious, I gotta get me one of those for the office
this entire DVD is very.. different.. in the mood it sets also. I don't know what it is. Maybe becuase you dont see alot of the audience or something it looks like their playing to themselves almost.
Maybe the lighting?
Maybe the food I was eating while watching it?
whatever it is its cool, and sends completely different vibes than the other DVDs - not better or worse (their all great) just different.
the johnson one is all laid back and cool sounding
03 with yngwie is all exciting and crazy
and 05 with petrucci is like floating around in outer space