Peavey Bandit 112

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
u2

Is this amp good? i want to get it instead of the kustom amp.
Brian L.

I didn't know they still made them. I have one that's atleast 10 years old and it served its purpose as a versatile amp good for low practice volumes and loud enough to jam with a drummer without using a PA, but then I got a Legacy, now the Bandit collects dust over in the corner....Not a bad solid state though, atleast the old one I have is not bad...check out the reviews.

http://www.epinions.com/inst-Amplifiers ... y_~reviews
u2

which is better? i line 6 spiderII 30 watt or a peavey bandit?
Brian L.

I don't know about the line 6 amps. Never played on one. If possible I would go try them both out at a music store and then decide which one you like better.
Rochus

I'd go for the bandit, I played onet at a few gigs and also played a few with a friends' Spider...and although the effects are fun I only used 3 of the amp settings (clean, crunch & insane) which sound a little dull if you compair them to the Spider. I'd get a Bandit, it'll forfill your needs (clean and distorted) and you could always use an distortion pedal for extra gain (if you would need any).

Don't get me wrong..Line 6 makes great amps but they make every guitar sound the same.
u2

i really have to give the bandit a miss...reasons because its too big...my house is a small aparment.

Any other amps besides the Line 6 spider? how about the MG15 CDR?
emili0
Newcomer

I own a mg15cd not the cdr with reverb. I find the mg very great with a distortion pedal and add the reverb makes it all great for practicing. A cheap marshall and ok sound in my opinion. :o merry christmas yall
Octavian

Check out the Vox Valvetronix amps. I picked up the AD30VT a couple of months ago and love it. Great little practice amp. In fact I got my son one for his birthday.

Highlights:
  • 11 amp models (most of which are very usable)
    11 effects (a little better quailty than I expected at this price but can still be a little much)
    Two user channels for your own settings
    The 30 and 50 watt versions have a power level control (great for apartment use!)
    There's actually a 12AX7 in there...
I tried out the 30 watt Spider for a couple of weeks. It's definitely not a bad amp but I didn't find it as warm as the Vox.

All in all the Valvetronix line is very nice at that price point.

:)
u2

whoah sounds great..how much did u get it for and how big is it?
Octavian

u2 wrote:whoah sounds great..how much did u get it for and how big is it?
I got them for $225 each, out the door. I think they're normally about $240 so I didn't save much, but they were hard to come by for a few weeks as well. I don't think that's an issue anymore though.

It's not all that big at all. The dimensions for the 30 watt are 43cms (16.93") (H) x 45.59cms (17.95") (W) x 22.40 cms (8.82") (D) and 26 lbs.

Definitely worth checking out.