SSL boards

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
mxer

In the new guitarworld,EVH talk about the manual for one of these boards is like a phone book and describes them as "overly complicated".How is this.Can a analog mixer really be that complicated.
ds23pallas

If you'd ever seen an SSL board you'd understand! Have a look at this:

Atomictoyz

SSL's have alot of bells and whistles. Most people don't like the complexity of having to sort through functions that are cool verses functions for the sake of functions. With an SSL you have alot of automation features, alot of bus'ing options and its really amazing. It boggles the mind. A Neve, API or some of the Tridents are simpler and are quicker to the point IMO. I like simple signal paths that are to the point where computers are out of the way for the most part. Check out some of Helio console pics.

Peace,
Dennis
mxer

HOLY SHIT! my dad says it looks like the star ship enterprise!
Martin Q Bowling II
Newcomer

Atomictoyz wrote:SSL's have alot of bells and whistles. Most people don't like the complexity of having to sort through functions that are cool verses functions for the sake of functions. With an SSL you have alot of automation features, alot of bus'ing options and its really amazing. It boggles the mind. A Neve, API or some of the Tridents are simpler and are quicker to the point IMO. I like simple signal paths that are to the point where computers are out of the way for the most part. Check out some of Helio console pics.

Peace,
Dennis
Neve studio and Midas live rulez!
Martin
davester1234

now how do you get *that* through the door? :shock: