Did ya get any new toys lately???

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Logic

New gear review.
If anyone got new gear, anything. Pickups, peddles, amps, anything,
do me a favor and let us hear about it. There is nothing better than new gear. You may even throw in why you "needed" (thats what I tell my wife) to get that gear! I wish I could talk about some new peice a gear I just got but alas, not until next month. I may be gettin me hands on some dough!! Beleive me I will be here talkin about it. So please, I would love to know what you got. Really.

Yours in fellowship
Last edited by Logic on Sat May 22, 2004 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan Layton
Banned

im about to order myself a Line 6 DL-4 Delay pedal which ill be happy to review as soon as I get it, which should be about May 26th.
The Extremist

Finally after 2 weeks of waiting i got my Marshall MS-2 Pocket Amp. It plays like a dream and there is a decent enough sound out of it. I just need to get my cable cut down to length and everything will be grand.
Logic

The Extremist wrote:Finally after 2 weeks of waiting i got my Marshall MS-2 Pocket Amp. It plays like a dream and there is a decent enough sound out of it. I just need to get my cable cut down to length and everything will be grand.
Weren't you talkin about this on some other thread??
If so I am glad to hear that you finally got it!!

Yours in fellowship
Reaper

Working building a new telecaster.... *shrugs*
The Extremist

Logic wrote:
The Extremist wrote:Finally after 2 weeks of waiting i got my Marshall MS-2 Pocket Amp. It plays like a dream and there is a decent enough sound out of it. I just need to get my cable cut down to length and everything will be grand.
Weren't you talkin about this on some other thread??
If so I am glad to hear that you finally got it!!

Yours in fellowship
yeah, i was talking about that in a thread on this forum called "Marshall MS-2"

I would never had expected this thing to be so loud! this thing is crazyily loud but i love it, i just fits in your pocket and although looks a bit big and heavy, its as light as a feather.

Rock On Laddies!
Logic

Hey Guys???
I thought of this while reading a different thread.
Would it be possible for you all to put a link to the toy??
I must have the worst search engine on the planet! :x
Please???

Yours in fellowship
The Extremist

Bono

I want to get a delay pedal but I don't know which one to go for. Any suggestions?
Ryan Layton
Banned

wait till about wednesday or thursday and ill tell you if the line 6 DL-4 is any good. from hearing one guy use it live it and hearing clips on musiciansfriend.com and reading the manual, it sounds great.
Ryan Layton
Banned

well, my dl-4 came yesterday and just a few hours ago i used it live.

i got it and messed around with it some. i had lots of fun with the loop sampler and messed around with the settings that are pre-programed from the start. after i erased them to start on my own settings, i got very confused. it is a little bit difficult to find the perfect setting on this pedal, but i suppose it would be the same with any other.

i got lucky and before i played, i saw a guy who owns one of these pedals. he was very excited to show me all the cool stuff it could do and he quickly grabbed my guitar and said 'check this out'.

We found about 6 settings that i REALLY liked. it was hard to only pick three. 2 of the settings kind of sounded alike and i didn't figure that there would be any reason for both of them. One was the Memory Man. while i really loved the way it sounded, i don't play like The Edge so i skipped over that one. One made your echo's sound like someone was working a volume pedal. That was especially sweet, but i didn't choose it because i couldn't throw out a faster lick because the volume would still be down.

I ended up with Analog With Mod., An echoplex type setting, and an echo with a kind of phase/flange thing on it that sounded really sweet, especially when played fast.

The virdict: this is the coolest, most versital delay pedal i have ever seen. it is kind of intimidating at first, but after a few hours with it, you will have the sounds you want.
EKG

I managed to pick up two guitars that were high on my list.

A PGM200

And Paul Gilbert's "Telesavales"
Lake of desire

I'd like to by a Whammy pedal and some other gadgets to make weird noises with. Saving up the money.
Logic

Lake of desire wrote:I'd like to by a Whammy pedal and some other gadgets to make weird noises with. Saving up the money.
I have the Digitech GNX 2 it has the Whammy in it along with every other expression pedal known to man. Three wah's, volumne, and the pedals also programable to any other function you could think of. Plus a few you wouldn't! :)

If I where going to be a rock star I would no dought have a different setup although for what I do, this pedal assembly does everything I could ask for and more.

Yours in fellowship
Last edited by Logic on Thu May 27, 2004 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Extremist

Whammy Pedal??? Never heard of one of them before.

I know of a Wah pedal though.

Logic, help me out here.