T.C electronics G-Magor?

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Melodic Dreamer

Im thinking about getting a G-Major. Does anybody have one if so could you give your opinions on it. Please tell me it doesn't sound like a pod or some type of Digitech.
ds23pallas

I'd be interested to hear as well. We've just got a FireworX for the studio, but I was thinking about getting a G-Major for my guitar setup.

If it sounds anything near as good as the FireworX it sounds amazing.
tjpierce

I had a g-major until recently. The variety of presets were pretty nice but I found after awhile that the presets i was using most were those with chorus and delay. In addition, the g-major took something off the tone of my Mesa (couldn't quite put my finger on it). Sooooo....I ended up selling the g-major as well as the Berringer midi pedalboard and have since gone back to floor pedals. As a result, I've never been happier with my sound.

As always...tone and happiness is in the eyes and ears of the beholder.

Peace!

Tom
onzieme_diese

got one...

very simple, very tranparent, not very expensive, can switch you amp or préamp, there's a 3 bd equalizer (you can sculpt your sound!)...

what do you want more ??? :wink:
badasstommyboy

ds23pallas wrote:I'd be interested to hear as well. We've just got a FireworX for the studio, but I was thinking about getting a G-Major for my guitar setup.

If it sounds anything near as good as the FireworX it sounds amazing.

the T.C electronics website has a great demo video of it. Takes a while to load but its very good.
Rammers
Newcomer

Hi melodic dreamer,
Your user name sounds familiar????
From the Line6 site?
Anyhoo...I went from my ax2 to a boogie rig with a G Major.
Fantastic effects unit. The effects are wonderful but I agree with tjpierce
The G major takes something away from the tone and like him I don't know exactly what it is but you can notice it.
badasstommyboy

The G major takes something away from the tone and like him I don't know exactly what it is but you can notice it.
how much of something? Is it much of a bad thing or not that big a deal?
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

badasstommyboy wrote:
how much of something? Is it much of a bad thing or not that big a deal?
I haven't noticed that, but then again I'm no pro.
What I do know is that the G-Major has the same quality effects as the G-Force (they both use the same DSP), although with less possible settings and routes. It's the little bro of the G-Force, but they didn't compromise on sound quality. I think the thing sounds great and I would only replace it with a G-Force one day.