Login with a social network:

It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:15 am 

Hi!

My Bad Horsie has a very small Wah Range, I´m only getting wah-results in the lower pedal way. When I go up more, nothing happens (the "aaaaaah"-end is reached). And there´s a LOT of space between wah-end and high-end of the pedal.

Is this normal? Has your BH the same space or do you have the Wah-Change (from uuuu to aaa ) in the upper pedal way?

Can I adjust it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:40 am 

hey, guys, what´s the matter :cry: ?

At least 10 people here have a bad horsie!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:18 am 
Newcomer

it depends of the sound U using and where U R playing on the neck.
I mean is not easy for a wah to modulate the notes from the 17th fret on the high E and so on with 18,19,20 etc... this is a common problem on wah pedal.
The Bad horsie 2 fixed that problem a little with the contour ,but if U want the best results the rack is the best one,obviosly the price is high....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:28 am 

well, thanks for the answer, but...doesn´t have anything to do with my question, does it ;)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:11 am 
Newcomer

U think? I don't think so...maybe it's my english...I'm italian.
I meant that the problem with the "aaaaah" effect could depend of your sound...this happens even if U playing on the 7th fret of the D string?
What I wanted to say is that is normal for a common wah pedal to miss the "aaaah" effect on the higher notes....anyway I had the bad horsie 1...and never had your problem....obviolsly it depdends of the suound U R using (I repeat)....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:02 am 

I don´t miss any aaah, I want to change my pedal way, cause there is no more aaah. It´s all done when I used half of the pedal way, the other half is not in use, when I go up some more.

I´m talking of the pedal way, not of a wah sound...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:58 am 
Newcomer

Morley has great customer service. Look up their home page and contact them. Before I bought my BAD Horsie 2 I used a different pedal of theirs for years. I was getting less high end out of it, (after about the midway point pushing it forward, it did very little to the signal) but I think it was mainly because over the years I have favored less high end on my amps. I called them and they offered to refurbish my pedal...I would only have to pay for shipping it to them. I never followed through and bought the BH 2 instead. But I would suggest contacting them, and possibly adding some more treble to your amp as well (if it suits your taste). Also, you may want to experiment with where it is placed in your signal flow. I have always found Wah's work best at the front of the chain with your guitar hitting it first before any other stomp boxes.
With the BH 2 I find Steve's preset to have less effect for me (again because I use less high end) but by setting the contour myself I have it dialed in perfect for my sound. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:09 am 

Hi NOT!!

I think that the bad horsie might not be the right wah for you.It has a very smooth "waaaaaaaah" sound,not as strong as the Vox or the Crybaby.It does not distort that strong,thats why many guitarists dont like it and prefer the vox or the crybaby.
It is possible that your pedal is technically not ok.You should check that.If you can't find any technicall problems just try another wah(Vox or Crybaby).They might suit your sound better than the horsie does.
I personally like the horsie,because of the fact that its avery "clean" wah.Many other wahs make your sound pretty muddy and undefined,especially when you're playing with more drive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:02 am 
Newcomer

I realize this thread is super old... but I had this same issue where the wah seems to give up at the top range of the sweep and found a fix for it- inside the pedal there's a small cardboard piece with a rectangular shaped hole in it that moves with the treadle that blocks or lets through the light from the LED that shines on a resistor on the other side of the cardboard. My pedal's LED was bent down and not lined up with the rectangle in the cardboard. I carefully bent it back up so that the LED lines up better with the rectangle and now the wah sounds amazing. Hope this helps someone else looking up this same issue.