New Carvin Legacy....

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Classic 59
Newcomer

New Carvin Legacy....

#1 Post by Classic 59 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:58 am

It sure would be cool to get updates on the new Legacy.

It would be so cool to take us along in the design process. Kinda like Marshal did for Slash, but cooler. The Slash AFD 100 had a dedicated website a year in advance taking fans through the design process.

Classic 59
Newcomer

Re: New Carvin Legacy....

#2 Post by Classic 59 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Was there a new Legacy launched at the show this year?

Thank you very much for your time.

guitars911

#3 Post by guitars911 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:01 am

Yes a new amp designed with Vai and for the Legacy line is coming soon. I bet with a bigger price tag too over the L3. Not a lot of info out there on it though.

I've been using an older V3 for a while now. Really like it.

Just finally bought a Legacy 3 yesterday. Only 4 months old. It's being shipped now. Can wait for it to arrive and try out.

guitars911

#4 Post by guitars911 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 am

Yep, just a new pedal and not a new amp configuration. Oh well..

I recently picked up a Morley A/B switch and have been goofing with running my V3 head super clean and then the Legacy 3 a little dirty at the same time. Sounds insane with a lot of bottom end to boot. I just need to figure out how to get the Delay right to each head. Just messed with it in front of the amps and need to dial it in the loop of each head next.

TheArchitect

#5 Post by TheArchitect » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:50 pm

guitars911 wrote:Yes a new amp designed with Vai and for the Legacy line is coming soon. I bet with a bigger price tag too over the L3. Not a lot of info out there on it though.

Just finally bought a Legacy 3 yesterday. Only 4 months old. It's being shipped now. Can wait for it to arrive and try out.
It would seem unlikely at this time unfortunately. Unless Carvin agrees to hand over schematics etc to another builder, the Legacy amps are done.

Jeries

#6 Post by Jeries » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:30 am

TheArchitect wrote:
guitars911 wrote:Yes a new amp designed with Vai and for the Legacy line is coming soon. I bet with a bigger price tag too over the L3. Not a lot of info out there on it though.

It would seem unlikely at this time unfortunately. Unless Carvin agrees to hand over schematics etc to another builder, the Legacy amps are done.
Today they posted a link on Facebook to every schematic of every product they make on their website

Have fun