Damn, lost a great pick!

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
ChickenScratch

I had to come on here and tell you guys about loosing an awsome pick. Yes I know picks are cheap but I grow attached to them after a while and can't bear to part with them.

It was this purple Dunlop 1.5 mm and I scratched an X into both sides so it won't slip when I'm playing fast and I left it on top of my amp and now it's not there!

Am I the only one that grows attached to a pick around here? I swear if I get a good vibe off a pick and get some good play out of it I'll keep it till it's just about unplable.
Moderator777

Moved. :)

--------------
Thank you,

Moderator777
www.vai.com
Junebughunter

I would probably grow close to picks but I go through the little guys like none other. Not cause I play to hard I just play a lot and I lose them and my dog eats them...so I have to buy a lot of them
Passion & Warfare

hmmm,... I am the only one who uses jim dunlop 3mm picks?
ollyno1uk
Newcomer

I use 1.5 purple ones but i find the edges run down well quick so I change them? is this not the norm? I have about a million purples floating around my flat but i can never play well like when using a fresh!!

interesting thought though about growing attatched to a pick - i may try it, but then Im sure all picks are guaranteed to dissapear, and not show themselves without a massive search, as soon as you put them down
ChickenScratch

Passion & Warfare wrote:hmmm,... I am the only one who uses jim dunlop 3mm picks?
I've used the 3mm Stubby's. Those are great for sweeping but it's so fat that it changes the way I do everything else.

As for growing attached to a pick it's mostly because I'm crazy and when I find things that work I stick with it. I've been playing the same guitar and amp for so many years it's insane.
Junebughunter

I still haven't found what type of pick I like best... I need to take a trip to guitar center...buy a couple of every pick they got. Come home...play them all and order like a 1000 of whatever one I like best.
Dan

I use the 3mm dunlop stubby things too. It took a while to get used to how it felt between my fingers, but a while has passed, and now any other pick feels weird, and even 1mm picks feel soft to me, even though I used to think they were hard.
Word

I used to use the 3 mm stubbies until I bought some 2 mm ones, and I can't stop using these.
atifman

i love the dunlop Jazz III's. nice and small for manueverability, and the right amount of hardness for chugging riffs and solos and whatnot. and i hear John Petrucci and other guys play with them too.
Tony

I used Jazz II, but they were too small...
Then I used Jim Dunlop U.S.A. Nylon 1mm.
Now I'm playing Ibanez Steve Vai Picks.

Tony
Junebughunter

Tony wrote:I used Jazz II, but they were too small...
Then I used Jim Dunlop U.S.A. Nylon 1mm.
Now I'm playing Ibanez Steve Vai Picks.

Tony
How did you aquire these Vai picks? I read here just a while ago that they ARE NOT available
ChickenScratch

If anyone's interested I found my pick! It was in the coin part of my wallet, I was so happy I jammed on Iced Earth all day!
Jakan

About those Vai Picks. Sure they are availabel, at least they are here in Germany. But IMO u can just get Dunlop Nylons around 0.88 or 1.00 and u got the same pick.
dex

I also use Jim Dunlop 2mm Big Stubby and don't get attached to any of them.
I couldn't even if I wanted to because with my snapy attack they wear out real quick. :D

ilia