NO installation services for Fernandes sustainer?

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
orlandopunk
Banned

NO installation services for Fernandes sustainer?

#1 Post by orlandopunk » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:45 am

I have searched and searched online for someone in the US, that offers and is capable of installing this type of sustainer, and I have found nothing

Not a single webpage or ad, that says they can install it

At first, I thought all you had to was simply swap the pickups, and after watching a video, I realized, is 1000 times more difficult to install than I thought, and you even have to cut a new hole on the guitar, and so much more. I would never be able to do this on my own, I can barely change my strings

I would like to pay to get it done, but no one is offering this service online. Only some guy on the UK and dublin, no usa?

http://www.electrowavestudios.com/services.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

is basically impossible to get that thing installed, cause every repair dude or luthier is not familiar with it, unless you are steve vai, or some rich kid, who can send his guitar overseas to get it installed for outrages prices

anuj

Re: NO installation services for Fernandes sustainer?

#2 Post by anuj » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:44 am

Seriously, you can't find a local tech?

Pape

#3 Post by Pape » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:36 pm

Bro, guitar center garage will even do this at some locations. Installers for things like this are a dime a dozen, any guitar tech should be able to. Why would you want it installed anyways, isn't that a little like when you called us copycats! Just kidding, but any skilled tech can do it. Good luck.

orlandopunk
Banned

#4 Post by orlandopunk » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:02 am

Pape wrote:Bro, guitar center garage will even do this at some locations. Installers for things like this are a dime a dozen, any guitar tech should be able to. Why would you want it installed anyways, isn't that a little like when you called us copycats! Just kidding, but any skilled tech can do it. Good luck.
I didn't know the fernandes sustainer was steve vai's signature, did he make it? did he patent it? is he the only using it? lol

like I said before, I'm fan of vai's as the next guy, but I would never copy him to the last detail, instead, I would rather implement some of his tricks and gear, while still retaining some originality of my own, such as different guitar, different amp, effect pedals, etc

I know for a fact, that there are many here who want to copy vai to the extreme, those are copycats, ironically, even after copying all his gear, they don't even come close to his tone

kyle am I

#5 Post by kyle am I » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:39 am

Name them ^