daisy chain

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
bobz1b

daisy chain

#1 Post by bobz1b » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:19 am

Hi All

I`m just after some technical advice, I recently bought a jemini distortion pedal and a bad horsie wah, I am going to add probably a little alligator volume pedal and a tuner and maybe some other effects, I just wondered is there a certain order that they should be connected in and can I link them all with one power pack? I`ve seen daisy chain power supplies on line but are they compatable for all pedals ?

Any advice appreciated

Regards

Bob

Jeries

Re: daisy chain

#2 Post by Jeries » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:31 am

All the pedals listed are DC 9v

So you can daisy chain all of them together

If you're going to get a tuner- I'd recommend a Boss TU-3- because it has a daisy chain output and can power up to 9 pedals on its own.

It's a good tuner and great as a power supply so i'd definitely get one and use it over a cheap power supply with daisy chain.
---

the order is up to you- and experimenting
you will get a drastically different sound putting the jemini before or after the wah

The typical way would be- Tuner>Wah>Distortion>Volume>amp
although you could put the volume in front- or at the end.

or not even plug the gutiar into the tuner- if some pedal like a Ernie Ball Volume is used- it has a tuner out then the tuner gets plugged in and isn't in your chain at all- there's a lot of ways to do it all

The Bad Horsie is the best wah out there

bobz1b

#3 Post by bobz1b » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:21 am

thanks Jeries

yes the bad horsie wah is awesome, thanks for the advice about the boss tuning pedal I take it its negative polarity to match the wah, are they all negative polarity/earth?

I`ve had multi processors in the past but you don`t seem to get the same control over them so I just want to link 4 or 5 pedals together, are there any pedal boards that you can recommend?

Regards

Bob

Jeries

#4 Post by Jeries » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:28 pm

I've bought pedal boards from

RONDOMUSIC.COM

kyle am I

#5 Post by kyle am I » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:40 pm

i had some weird noises coming from my jemini. I thought oh shit, I can't believe I broke it. Just in case anybody ever wondered whats inside the "bullet proof" pedal. So I did what the label on the back said not to do and...

I can't believe I spent $200 on this lol. The rattling was one of these two little springs at the bottom of the pedal, one fell off and kept rattling the insides. I really have no idea what the springs do beside keep tension on the cover. And I really hope that there wasn't a reason that the cover said "do not remove screws". I've done it before so I guess there really is no reason. And those springs are. Annoying I had to tape them in place whatever they do. And why are my pictures so damn big?