VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:19 am 

Managed to pick one of these little beauties up on Gumtree for £75. I see they are going on eBay for around £180, though there's not too many about.

I've bypassed the preamp section and am still using my DS-1 with the Legacy 1, so I'm just using the GT-6 as an effects board for delay, chorus etc.

I'm struggling to comprehend the magnitude of buttons, knobs and menus etc. If anyone has any advice on easy menu configuration, it would be most welcome. I spend most of my time flicking switches and not really getting anywhere. The PDF manual looks like a bloody bible. I'll still be reading that in August....

Any tips would be welcome!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:36 pm 
Banned

i have a gt 6 pedal ,..good pedal ,..heavy 5150 is my fav with extra distortion of course,..so what ever effect you want press the button untill you see user come up in the screen ,..then by using the parameter buttons you can scroll through the levels of all the effects that the chosen effect has this pretty much works with the whole pedal ,...and if your using a factory sound you can hot it up by adding extra drive delay and so on just by pressing the button untill you see its on,..the red little light will come on ,..and you can just keep adding what ever you want ,.. but allways press the exit button to get out before you can surf the factory sounds again ,..unless you want to save you sound that you just made by pressing save ,.write button ,..hope this helps,.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:19 am 
Newcomer

i used to have one... and let me tell you that the 5150 preamp is the best high gain preamp in the gt6... as for the overall unit the gt6 is great !!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:19 am 

sell the gt6 and get a gt10

they're great and easy to use for effects only in the fx loop

bypass the amp/cabs with the big bottons on the front- its easy

even do 4cable stuff for whammy/etc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:57 am 

Bryce ,..if you get the chance plug the GT 6 straight in to a PA system n turn it up if you haven't all ready, they sound great man,..

Jeries ,..when I purchased my GT 6 the GT 8 had just come on to the market ,..the only difference was the solo button,. for the extra cash ,I figured I could do without that button,.
Have been reading some reviews at jemsite on the GT 10 ,.sounds like a nice unit.

T

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:33 pm 

the gt8 has tons more effects/amps/etc...much better

the gt8 is great...

the gt10 blows them all away

the gt6 and 8 are far from user friendly (although someone made a good program for it that made it useable)

the 10 is simple/user friendly/easy to and quick to navigate and its all right there - and at a glance turn on/off effects and see whats on

you can't compare it

and if you want to plug direct into a PA
buy an Axe Fx II now