VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:42 am 

not what I asked. I wanted opinions and needed to know this stuff before a purchase. I asked a question, Jeries gave me a pretty good answer. The forum is for discussing this "chatter", especially when the forum is marked in different sections and this is the Amps Studios & Gear section. This is the place for me to ask these questions, and yes, these opinions are important to me because I play my Ibanez electric through an amplifier.
aaronm wrote:
good sound no sustain,..you know this is just chatter really isnt it ,.there are ways to add sustain to any guitar ,regardless of what pick up you have,..still its I suppose all about what you like really ,..

I play a flemenco guitar most of the time it was hand crafted in spain and a very beautiful guitar I dont need amps pick ups or any of that expensive shit ,..though my flemenco guitar was very expensive all I need to do is put good strings on it from time to time,...and it sounds beautiful by its self dont need a fucking band just me,..its great,..!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:01 pm 
Banned

Thats cool Kyle I think I did mention the PAF as my fav ,.as I also play the electric guitar through an amp,..
though my last comment I was directing at Jeries,..perhaps I should have quoted it seeing there are people here that are rather sensitive, I meant no offence and Kyle just reading the last couple of posts you have written seem to be aimed at me and I have been posting in the right colom ,..yes I have been keeping to the rules ,..any way I hope you find the right pick up for your guitar ,..
cheers aaron

Last edited by aaronm on Wed May 30, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:47 pm 

not sensetivity, just a twinge of annoyance. You just have a habit of expressing your feelings of how you hate the gear and tech talk on the forum. It does matter everyones opinion, but this topic was for pickups. Sorry, I sound like a mod :)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:52 pm 

his opinion was important. I was looking at the FRED the paf the Evo 2 and a regular evo. Sustain is important at least to me (wig the sustainer off of course ;) ) and his saying that sustain of the Fred is not good. No hard feelings.
aaronm wrote:
Thats cool Kyle I think I did mention the PAF as my fav ,.as I also play the electric guitar through an amp,..
though my last comment I was directing at Jeries,..perhaps I should have quoted it seeing there are people here that are rather sensitive, I meant no offence and Kyle just reading the last couple of posts you have written seem to be aimed at me and I have been posting in the right colom ,..yes I have been keeping to the rules ,..any way I hope you find the right pick up for your guitar ,..
cheers aaron

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:11 pm 
Banned

its all good mate you gotta go with whatever fits I guess ,,..All the pick ups you mentioned are very good ,.but yes different ,..I guess that why alot of players end up with more than one guitar,..

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:09 pm 

What i've decided to do is to install a terminal block into the control cavity wired to the bridge pickup for now and have a few different pickups then i can just change them from time to time and be able to hopefully use each pickup to its potential,so i will be able to have a Fred and an Evo and an Evo2 and a Satans Bitch etc and be able to swap them myself without having to solder or anything like that,just a screwdriver,and it only cost me about 4 bucks from the hardware store.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:29 am 

I guess your guitar is from basswood, if so, go with an Evo2. :wink: