VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:53 pm 
Newcomer

Hi all.
I have a morely bad horsie wah that I've used in my live rig for a few years now.
At rehearsals this week I'm having real problems with it. When in bypass mode and not in use its fine but as soon as i step on the pedal i get a loud buzz and noise, the wah is there but its really annoying, I have bypassed everything and used it straight to the amp and used both battery and mains power to see if it was the power supply causing it but no joy.
Any advice on this would be great.
cheers.

Jas.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:07 pm 

I own a few Morley bad Horsie Wah's
I've never experienced or heard of anything like that

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:04 pm 

try safely taking the pieces apart (may want to get help from a local shop Morley authorized) and clean every piece. Of u got the balls, try cleaning the optical lenses. Try contacting Morley and have them help troubleshoot. Did hku drop it lately, is it in a good condition? How used is it? Try opening the input and the output jacks and make sure the they work, are undamaged, and the wires connecting the jack to the pedal are not touching anything and are neatly soldered Nd unbroken or stringy. Similar buzzes occur when the output jack wires on a guitar touch a cable. Usually just a bit of untwisting and resoldering.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:14 pm 
Banned

sounds like an earthing problem,..which reminds me of a gig i was playing at some years ago there were 3 bands one of which i was playing lead guitar ,.it was comming up to a solo ,..i made my way to my wha pedal turned my volume on my guitar to max right this solo was going to rip,,...what happened next my earth wire came unconnected the noise was unreal lost all controll of the sound ,,..a friend lent me his fender strat for the rest of the show,.. 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:29 pm 

was amy in the audience :oops: sorry, couldn't help myself :D no actually I would unplug and replug the jack in my old epiphone so much one day the jack just broke. I had to have my dad resolder it. Then he switched the two wires on the new one. Then he broke it. Then soldered the wrong wires on the new.. new one. Then he broke the output jack plate, to which I used a yard of duck tape and finally fixed it. The buzzing problem is what I experienced when the wires would become frizzy and touch eachother and when the wires were soldered wrong.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:36 pm 
Banned

amy is allways with me kyle,..and yes she was there,... 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:43 pm 

the force is strong in this one
aaronm wrote:
amy is allways with me kyle,..and yes she was there,... 8)