VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ibanez weeping demon
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:56 pm 

Hi, for Christmas I received an ibanez wd7 weeping demon pedal. I was excited, but inhave an issue. If you look straight withthe pedal.parallel to your vision, the pedal is bent to the right. It also does not line up with the stop plastic things on the base. Is everypedal like this, because it also sounded a.bit off when I played it. Please, I am a kid wanton to use it but.if its broken then I will have to send it back. It does not seem,'natural'. Seems like there is really a problem.

Post subject: Re: ibanez weeping demon
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:57 pm 
Banned

seems to me you should take it back to the shop, try another one at the shop and then you will know ....
let us know how you go .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:10 am 

kyle am I wrote:
Hi, for Christmas I received an ibanez wd7 weeping demon pedal. I was excited, but inhave an issue. If you look straight withthe pedal.parallel to your vision, the pedal is bent to the right. It also does not line up with the stop plastic things on the base. Is everypedal like this, because it also sounded a.bit off when I played it. Please, I am a kid wanton to use it but.if its broken then I will have to send it back. It does not seem,'natural'. Seems like there is really a problem.

sell it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:44 am 

well, I called them back (musiciansfriend) and told them my issue. But they thought that I had bent the pedal, because the woman was very rude and not very friendly... of course, she didnt come right out and say it, but it was implied. She was unconvinced, but she knew i wasnt going away and said it was a manufacturing error. So I was told to call ibanez. And I called ibanez. They told me it was a shipping error, because they "check every product for issues before it leaves the factory". They told me to call musicians friend. Guess who picked up the phone? The rude old lady. I told her what ibanez said, and she said that she couldn't give me a new one, just repair mine. Bull. I was not going through this, so I stuck with the pedal. I have my crybaby and my Morley, but at the time I didn't have any other wahs. My advice to all, do NOT buy ibanez weeping demon pedals from musiciansfriend.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:47 pm 
Banned

thats no good sorry to hear you were treated that way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:47 am 

Call again and raise hell. Tell her you want to speak to someone higher up than her about this. And when you do, tell them that she is providing you really horrible customer service and that you are dissatisfied with Musician's Friend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:45 am 

I already have a bad horsie 2 and a dunlop crybaby 95 q wah. The weeping demon is just sitting under my bed. I actually don't like the way it sounds, and its been 3 months. Warranty is over.
Dyens wrote:
Call again and raise hell. Tell her you want to speak to someone higher up than her about this. And when you do, tell them that she is providing you really horrible customer service and that you are dissatisfied with Musician's Friend.