Headphones question

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
juef
Newcomer

Hey all!

So I can't stand in-ear stuff anymore, so I'm now looking into buying a pair of headphones. I thought you guys must have some experience to share! :) Basically, I'm wondering whether I should buy the Bose QC-15 or the Direct Sound Ex-29.

Things to consider:
  • I don't care much for the speakers' quality. The better it blocks outside sounds, the happier I am.
  • I don't mind the price; whatever it is, it's gonna be worth it to me.
  • A coworker made me try his QC-15 and I was blown away; however I only tried them in a rather quiet environment. I will most likely use them for practice sessions and other places where the sound is LOUD.
  • Paul friggin' Gilbert uses EX-29. I mean, that ought to mean somethin', right?! :P Plus, they never stop playing music, as opposed to the QC-15 when the battery dies.
Thoughts? Thanks a bunch! :D
Jeries

I'd avoid the bose because of the 'noise cancelling'

i dont like the way noise cancelling works and think the only thing a pair of head phones should do is put sound in my ears- not take sound around me put it out of phase and then into my headphones along with the music.
Roger

Sennheiser HD 380 isolates even more than EX-29. Check them out.
They sound really good too!
johnbowman

Go with the Sens . . . much better sound quality . . . . Bose is the only way to to go on airplanes . . . but way to expensive for your intended use.

Like . . . . 2011 world tour . . . . GOOOO Steve !!!! :guitar :guitar :guitar
juef
Newcomer

I appreciate your answers very much. Thank you all :)