TC Elec. G-Force

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Randy07

Does anyone here own a G-Force or is well knoweldge with MIDI multi-effects?
Patill

why?
Stephen Brown

This could be the place to ask.
Patill

but still why?

He didn´t even post the point^^.
Randy07

Well I wanted to know if any owners existed beforehand. Nonthless, I'm interested in getting one and would like to know a few things from actual users (thanks FRETPICK for the link):
- can you set the levels for each individual effect?
- are you able to use effects simultaneously?
- is there a noise gate feature ( and will this take care of radio interference coming through an amp)?
- comments/feedback on the product as a whole (pros/cons)?

Thanks,
Randy
Stephen Brown

Not meaning to de-rail but you don't fancy the G-Major 2 then? The only reason I say is because of the new algorithms in the unit. Mr G-Force is getting old even though it is a beast of a unit.
Randy07 wrote: - can you set the levels for each individual effect?
I should think so. This unit was state of the art not so long ago.
Randy07 wrote: - are you able to use effects simultaneously?
9 blocks.
Randy07 wrote: - is there a noise gate feature ( and will this take care of radio interference coming through an amp)?
From the TC G-Force Site.
Randy07 wrote: - comments/feedback on the product as a whole (pros/cons)?
+ Power house unit
- Maybe hard to service/parts
Randy07 wrote: Thanks,
Randy
No probs
Patill

if the radio catch comes from behind the G-Force, a Noise gate won´t help. Everything else in front of the gate will be silenced.

Be aware, that the G-Force will mute for a short time when you change presets via Footswitches etc.. So think about that if you wanna use it for live performances. If you need that, buy a G-System, which is a little bit castrated tweaking wise.

As for the levels of the effects, what do you mean? Of course you can set the mix and feedback level of a Delay and stuff, there is an overall level and a mix level for each effect so I think that should be what you mean.
Mytonezucs
Newcomer

I've been using a g-force maybe ten years now with no complaints. You can arrange the effects in any order you like series or parallel. Each effect has level and many other parameter controls. Yes there is a slight delay when the unit mutes between patches but it is very short. I don't find it a problem and I use mine live.

What I like about the unit is it is that it does not color the tone and each effect has the same quality in tone, flexability and features as a stand alone unit. There's a reason it costs so much. It's the real deal.

It's been around a while but it still holds its own.
Patill

oh, I forgot.

If you can, get an Eventide instead of a G-Force :). The cheapest one to get would be the eclipse, which is a newer, faster version of a H3000.