Keyboard/Stage piano amps

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
teokiatuan

hey guys

im about to buy the above, and im wondering, would loudspeakers or small pa sets work as keyboard amps?
in other words, what else is suitable for amplifying keyboards besides Keyboard Amps specifically?
Jeries

i would think a small PA would be MUCH better than a typical roland keyboard amp or something along those lines

the BEST thing that would not put out enough volume for a live performance would be studio monitors

a pair of 12" PA speakers with tweater and small 4channel or whatever powered mixer would be GREAT

although ur best bet is to use a full PA for a band- however you may have problems with monitors and sound - it sounding bad or being too loud ect...

keeping a DI box with you ($30-50) wouldnt hurt either to be a little more flexable when playing live also.
notavirtuoso

I run my Yamaha thru a Roland Cube 30x guitar amp for my own amusement and it does ok. It's pretty similar to their keyboard amps anyway on the clean channel. What kind of keyboard? If it has xlr outs then I'd just do the PA. If not an active speaker should work as well. Either of those would be pretty easy and would work well.
teokiatuan

i'll be using it at home for now i guess

would a set of nice KRKs do the job?

hm....
jeries gimme awhile to get back to you regarding the paypal
teokiatuan

Jeries wrote:i would think a small PA would be MUCH better than a typical roland keyboard amp or something along those lines

the BEST thing that would not put out enough volume for a live performance would be studio monitors

a pair of 12" PA speakers with tweater and small 4channel or whatever powered mixer would be GREAT

although ur best bet is to use a full PA for a band- however you may have problems with monitors and sound - it sounding bad or being too loud ect...

keeping a DI box with you ($30-50) wouldnt hurt either to be a little more flexable when playing live also.

would anything be SUPER? :lol:
i'll be using it at home for now i guess

would a set of nice KRKs do the job?

hm....
jeries gimme awhile to get back to you regarding the paypal
notavirtuoso wrote:I run my Yamaha thru a Roland Cube 30x guitar amp for my own amusement and it does ok. It's pretty similar to their keyboard amps anyway on the clean channel. What kind of keyboard? If it has xlr outs then I'd just do the PA. If not an active speaker should work as well. Either of those would be pretty easy and would work well.

was looking at this
http://www.kurzweilmusicsystems.com/Product.php?id=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i've heard it can sound honky through guitar amps, not too sure about that
Instrumentalrockrocks

randomnessman wrote: i've heard it can sound honky through guitar amps, not too sure about that
In most cases, yes it does...

I wouldn't advice it... Like mentioned you should look for a nice big set of studio "nearfield" speakers...

Tough that might be to small when playing live...

Groove On 8)