Maybe a new amp...don´t really know which one!

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Patill

Now that I have my MacPro, I can go for a new amp, because I saved a LOT of money buying additional stuff not from apple ;).

I´ll keep it short. I have my sound, want a new amp anyway, to increase my collection and ability. I´ve never had any of these before, playing boogie (and my Legacy...) all the time.

-Marshall Vintage Modern 100W
-Fender Deluxe Reverb
-Fender Twin Reverb

Which one would you pick and why?
Pyro
Newcomer

The fender Twins are really nice if you want a good clean sound and with a strat and a tube screamer you can nail an SRV tone which is nice.

The vintage modern is a love or hate amp. I personally think the Laney GH is a much better 1 channel amp than the vintage modern and Paul Gilbert probably should have stayed with his Laney. Thats just personal preference though and lots of people love the vintage modern.

By the way, what Boogie do you use cause if its a lonstar then you already have a clean channel that is as good or possibly bettter than the fender twin.
Patill

Pyro wrote: By the way, what Boogie do you use cause if its a lonstar then you already have a clean channel that is as good or possibly bettter than the fender twin.
well, I have a clean channel that is better than the one of the Lonestar (so they say...).

It´s a Mark II C+ ;)
Pyro
Newcomer

Very Nice!!!!

Well in that case you're just gonna have to play them all and see if there is anything that inspires you to buy. Have you seen the namm vids on youtube of the Mark V that mesa have just released. Really impressive from what i have seen and i should imagine someone like yourself who already uses the Mark series would be very interested
Patill

hmm, I didn´t like the Mark IV that much, but still enough to buy one. It has a very rough sound compared to the others. I didn´t hear the Mark V yet.
Well, I just had a look and I definately have to try it. Again, there shall be a Mark II C+ in another amp. They tried with the Triaxis, but they failed hard :P.

Still, this amp searching doesn´t take an end...Marshall or Fender. Damn it!
notavirtuoso

I've been wanting to check out a vintage/modern myself but haven't had any luck finding one in stock when I have my guitar with me.
Instrumentalrockrocks

A friend of mine has a fender twin reverb and it has one of the nicest tones I've ever heard.

and as said before: For the Fender clean there is simply no comparison. Extremely clear, beautiful clean sounds

Groove On 8)
Patill

what was that Fender again Steve used on the last tour (or the one before)?????
nato101010

I would pick the Twin, cause its clean and loud and sounds awesome.