What amps does everyone have?

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Breeder

old bastards, they dont need that money anyway :mrgreen:
prman

I have El Monarca 18/20W combo hand built by Monster Amps. Here`s the specs http://www.monsteramps.fi/site/?lan=3&page_id=62" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and some other info.

I play mostly jazz and funk but have my roots in rock.
nato101010

Hey al, I've got the same talk box!
guyver_dio

is that talkbox self powered? My dunlop heil talkbox played up awhile back and never got it fixed, kinda miss using the talkbox, if I ever get another I want something completely self contained this time, lugging round a poweramp just for the talkbox gets annoying.

I use a Peavey JSX ontop of a Marshall 1960A cab with a Peavey Deuce VT for jamming/backup.

style is whatever phase i'm going through at the time, atm i'm looking for a smooth clean that suits me, something like an eric johnson clean
nato101010

All you need it a guitar, the talkbox, a few cables, and a mic (thats plugged in).
al

aye thats it, just like any other fx pedal, its alrite does the job, hardly ever use it though i may just take it out of the chain

+ 3/4 of that stuff in the pic aint mine! just looks cool
nato101010

Well, what stuff is yours? Like, amps, and 3 pedal boards :mrgreen:
bennyvx78

My (pre)amps are :
Peavey 5150 EvH combo.
Cornford Harlequin
Soldano sp-77 series II USA preamp
Soldano G.T.O supercharger preamp
and you can debate 'bout it, If its a real (pre)amp. A line 6 Guitarport.
Used to run pod-farm, guitar-rig (crack) and a host of other programs.

On the wanted list are :
Carvin Legacy 1
Any good smokin' hot Marshall
Orange ad30
Vox ac30 ( UK )
Cornford Carrera
Mesa boogie ( any will do :) )
Soldano solo-100
Bogner shiva combo.
Bogner ECSTASY!

What style do I play? Hard to tell. The distortion pedal ins't left untouched, that for sure.
freaksauce

A Genz Benz Black Pearl 30-112, pure awesomeness.
Instrumentalrockrocks

freaksauce wrote:A Genz Benz Black Pearl 30-112, pure awesomeness.
I sure like the looks of that one... :) what kind of amp is that? solid state? modeling? Tube? a combination of the three?
What kind of sounds? how many channels? etc.

Groove On 8)
R1FSR

:headbang
freaksauce

Instrumentalrockrocks wrote:
I sure like the looks of that one... :) what kind of amp is that? solid state? modeling? Tube? a combination of the three?

Groove On 8)
It is an all tube amp with 4 12AX7's in the Pre and 4 EL84's in the power amp and a tube rectifier. It only has a single channel but it has a footswitchable boost which is like an extra gain knob. It also has 5 different voicings which I usually keep on Bright or Deep it has an Eminence Red Fang speaker and spring reverb. You can select 4 or 2 tubes and Pentode or Triode mode which means you can have it running at 30, 15 or 7.5 watts which is incredibly handy. It sounds awesome the overdrive is so good I don't use my Xotic Effects BB+ except for a solo gain boost now. I haven't had it that long so still need to experiment with Overdrive pedals so that I can have a clean and overdriven sound, the single channel is the only drawback.
BenHeath

Modded Fender Hotrod Deluxe 1x12
Replaced the linear volume pot with an audio pot ( amp doesnt really get any louder past 4 without it, old guitar store trick so you think amps are louder then they are :wink: )
Took out a resistor in the reverb signal path, which makes the reverb less dark and not as intense, and wired it to a switch to return it to normal.

I play most forms of extreme metal. Delta blues, blues/rock, and classical.
:shock: Eclectic :shock:
Instrumentalrockrocks

freaksauce wrote:
Instrumentalrockrocks wrote:

Groove On 8)
It is an all tube amp with 4 12AX7's in the Pre and 4 EL84's in the power amp and a tube rectifier. It only has a single channel but it has a footswitchable boost which is like an extra gain knob. It also has 5 different voicings which I usually keep on Bright or Deep it has an Eminence Red Fang speaker and spring reverb. You can select 4 or 2 tubes and Pentode or Triode mode which means you can have it running at 30, 15 or 7.5 watts which is incredibly handy. It sounds awesome the overdrive is so good I don't use my Xotic Effects BB+ except for a solo gain boost now. I haven't had it that long so still need to experiment with Overdrive pedals so that I can have a clean and overdriven sound, the single channel is the only drawback.
:shock: I totally dig those specs you mentioned... Especially that triode mode seems handy indeed! :)
I hope I can find it somewhere here in Europe... I sure would like to test that amp a bit!
What was the price you paid for it?

Groove On 8)
darren1408
Newcomer

Carvin V3 Head with Marshall 4x12 (Vintage 30)