Morley Bad Horsie Dilemma!!!

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
DEVIL82

I want to buy a Morley bad horsie wah pedal...but i dont know whether to buy the bad horsie 1 or 2....dose anyone have any advice? And dose Steve favour one over the other?

At the moment i quite fancy the 1.....no the 2.....or the one......HELP!!!
Jeries

steve uses the 1 in his rig
ive never seen him use the 2

i'd suggest the 2...
its only like 20-30 more and in case you ever wanted it you have the feature

and with the other button bypassed it can act just like a normal BH1
DEVIL82

I cant make my mind up, i am sorta edge'n towards the BH1...on one hand if i buy the...

BH1
you plug in and wah

if i buy the...

BH2
you still plug and wah but you have the option to use the vary wah

Is the vary wah on the BH2 worth it?

I can see the novelty that you can have a wah you can change, but is the BH2 realy worth it just for that very novelty? And if Steve uses the BH1 doesn't that say alot for the BH2?
Jeries

its worth a 20-30 dollar price difference

def not worth it if the pedal was $100 more for the BH2
lukevo

Take a look on this pic of the Vai's pedalboard..... he uses a Bad Horsie 2, and a Cry Baby 95Q

the pic is so dark but you can see that is a Bad Horsie 2

and i hear aboult some "broken springs" problems aboult the BH1, the spring of the BH2 has much more durability^^

*Sorry my english mistakes :D
Jeries

i think the BH1 and 2 have the same springs
there has been a second generation of both pedals which is a little better overall

i have seen several pics of his board (in use) containing the BH1
Skunkrocker66
Newcomer

I use the BH1 and love it. I've never used the BH2 so I can't offer any input on that. I will say that I'm not missing anything. Best wah I've ever used.
lukevo

The springs are not the same, you can see this easy, the BH2's spring is much more strong..... maybe he changed the pedals because of the wear of the BH1's spring.

I broke a BH1 spring once.....

sorry my english mistakes :D
Moderator777

I would recommend a BH2. The contour additions are there if sometime in the future you want them. Plus, Morley has changed things from the first run of the BH1 model to the new one. The 'loop' springs in the first run BH1 tend to break after a while (although Morley will happily send you a updated replacement spring mechanism if you have problems). I had one of the first BH1's off the production line and my spring broke about 3 years later, and I tend to be quite hard on my pedals.

Morley is a top notch company and I'm glad Steve worked with them on this pedal.

Just save up a bit more for the BH2.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
DEVIL82

Im quite supprised by how much diffrence there is in the BH1 and BH2, there is alot of mixed emotions on this. From lots of posts ive seen on different sites and review pages from people who have bought them, they all say different things. Some people wouldnt be without it some are looking for a new wah thats not a BH1 or BH2.
You wouldnt think that picking a Bad Horsie would be so hard, i wonder if Steve ever has this problem :D i can see Thomas screaming at steve "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STEVE...PICK ONE!!!" :?

Im still edge'n to go for the BH1, just because of the simplisity...but breaking springs!!! :? If Morley will send you out a spring thats made from the melting pot of hell then thats great...and I do like the fact that you can change the 1 sec delay on the pedal to as i would instantaneous bypass. like i said theres mixed emotions, some people have driven tanks over them and they can still take more, and some people look at them and they fall apart.

With the BH2...i dont know whether id use the contour, but whos to say!
I can surely see the Genius in having a wah you can alter, and for cirtain songs maybe you would need to change the character of the wah...but i still ask myself...would i use it? I do have to say that when i tried a BH2 i was instantly impressed with how much better it is than the original Dunlop CryBaby that i had...then when i clicked on the contour and fiddled about abit with the contour...it seemed muffled one way and tinny the other.

I honestly dont know yet, i will buy one...at the momment tho its a BH1 :?
NOT!!!

lukevo wrote:Take a look on this pic of the Vai's pedalboard..... he uses a Bad Horsie 2, and a Cry Baby 95Q

the pic is so dark but you can see that is a Bad Horsie 2

and i hear aboult some "broken springs" problems aboult the BH1, the spring of the BH2 has much more durability^^

*Sorry my english mistakes :D

take photoshop and lighten it up :D. it will give you a little better view. it doesn´t look like the switch on the bad horsie. it looks more like a metal thing under the pedal
GYiakoumi

^ Allow me

Stephen Brown

Right handed, left footed.
lukevo

Ok, It is a BH1.

Thanks for the light...... the only diferences os BH1 and BH2 are the BH2's Countor Mode ( 2 whas in one )....and the spring, I think Steve have changed his spring..... Vai's BH1 are a BH2 without the coutor mode on/off thing........... ah........ BH1=BH2, exept the Countor Mode and the spring......... the Best Whas^^ Bad Horsie 1 and 2, Cry Baby 95Q^^

Sorry my english mistakes, and sorry my Vai's wha mistake LOL
NOT!!!

hmm, there´s one question in my head ;).

do the BH 1s all have the same wah range? what i mean is, when I push the pedal very slowly, there is a point (when it´s almost even to the metal plate while pushing it up) where it abruptly goes from "uuu" to "aaah", and I´ve not even passed half of the pedal way...when I push it up to the end there´s not that much of a chane anymore.

Same to you???