VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Carvin Legacy Amp Mods..
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:23 pm 

Just some useful info I thought i'd pass along to you legacy owners..I stumbled upon a guy named David Bray who usually modifies Marshall amps..according from several sources I've heard when it comes to amp mods,he's the man..so anyway..I give the guy a call and we chat for a while and it turns out he can do several different type of mods to the legacy..he has the schematics for it..one mod in particular I asked him about is an additional master volume control knob..his mod basically has complete control over the volume,thus letting you really crank up your amp and milk it for all the sweet tone possible without you having to use an attenuator or blow someones ears off..according to him you can set it where you can get that nice cranked tone at below bedroom levels,quote unquote.Anyway..check him out..his website is davidbrayamps.com..he's a pretty nice guy..he can even add a rectifier tube to your legacy,all sorts of crazy stuff..I'm gonna send my amp in later for him to do that volume knob mod..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:31 am 

I'm interested to see how it works. If I was you I'd do some blind tests cause you'll definitely expect it to be better...

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:05 pm 

Bump, I'm interested as well. Tell us how it goes, I love my Legacy but damn its a noisy beast...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:10 pm 

well it'll be within the next few months..got some expenses that came up..but def still interested.