best strings

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Mr. Supertron

#16 Post by Mr. Supertron » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:59 am

I like daddario .10s myself but I have tried DR strings and they are really something else. Unfortunatly none of the stores in Nova Scotia sell them

Shade

#17 Post by Shade » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 am

I've always thought DRs had a better over-all feel, and sound than other strings.

However, I've never bought a set that didn't have trouble. Either a string is bad or it's impossible to intonate properly.

I once bought a 35 dollar pack of DR bass strings, and every single string was unusable. Granted this was back when I wasn't amazing at changing strings. But every note had these horrid over-tones, even not plugged into the amp, and the intonation was so bad the octave was a completely different note lol.

But if people out there can get lucky enough to be able to use them, I'm envious because like I said, the sound/feel is a lot better than other strings.

Symphon

#18 Post by Symphon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:46 pm

i have D'addario .08s on my S470 at the moment. they have been on for a few months and still sound great.

Im quite content with D'addario

Gangstarpt

#19 Post by Gangstarpt » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:39 am

what do you think the best strings to get good natural harmonics and pinch harmonics are? sorry for this dumb question :D

bancika

#20 Post by bancika » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:07 am

Shade wrote: and the intonation was so bad the octave was a completely different note lol.
this is not unusual when changing to different type of string, you just need to re-intonate your guitar...