Boss DS1 Stock VS Keeley Modded (Short Clip)

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
JohnnyC

Boss DS1 Stock VS Keeley Modded (Short Clip)

#1 Post by JohnnyC » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:07 pm

here is a really really rough comparision clip of a stock taiwan DS-1 VS. a DS-1 after i had modded it to Keeley Seeying eye spec (i have the toggle switch to switch between ASE and ultra)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=780120

whilst its not the best recording, it gives a rough idea of what the mod does over the stock pedal.
its also my first attempt at micing as well and only have a crappy AKG dynamic mic.
amp is a stock Epiphone Valve Jr with volume at 10oclock (with a bitmo 10-uator)

IMO the tone knob on the DS-1 needs to be set quite low but for the purpose of my comparision i set all knobs as 12oclock for stock and modded.

the short clip with the drums has the tone set a little lower.

JohnnyC

#2 Post by JohnnyC » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:15 pm

link should work now.

TheRocKsTaR777

#3 Post by TheRocKsTaR777 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 pm

sounds nice man..i've got the same damn pedal with the same mod and mine doesnt sound good..atleast not to me..its alright,but I came to realize I dont really need it,so im gonna swap it for a dd-3..it sounds nice for a clean amp..but my setup sounds too muddy with it.. :?

Shade

#4 Post by Shade » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:14 am

TheRocKsTaR777 wrote:sounds nice man..i've got the same damn pedal with the same mod and mine doesnt sound good..atleast not to me..its alright,but I came to realize I dont really need it,so im gonna swap it for a dd-3..it sounds nice for a clean amp..but my setup sounds too muddy with it.. :?
It might be your settings, what kind of amp/guitar do you have?