Cesar huesca from youtube

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
<Mike>

I have learned much from playing vai songs, much technique and phrasing and vibrato stuff etc. So playing his songs have made me more aware of my instrument which helps me in creating my own style. So playing covers is good.

Also, his songs rocks and playing them is really fun 8)

Plus, RM, cesar huesca has gotten quite famous from putting out covers on youtube so now when he does own songs many people listens to them so he has kinda advertised himself by playing covers.

See? all good.
RM

Thats fine. Good luck to the guy.

I just find it quite alarming that someone wants to be known for being a poor imitation of someone moderately famous - not only in sound, but also in image.

The guy is good - his tone doesn't appeal to me, but its quite listenable. The thing is, I can't get the pure imitation out of my mind when watching it. I'd like to see more diverse influences coming into play, not just the one.

Yes, I like Vai, of course I do otherwise I wouldn't be here, but I've found that the music I listen to draws from many influences, not just one!

I don't mean to be offensive - just trying to say - BE YOURSELF!
catscratchfever

i dont think cesar sounds and acts like vai,,,, in fact his music really has its own quality to it, it has a very huesca feel to me..........which is clearly his mark of style, if someone told me noche y soledad, or en un mejor lugar was a vai song, i wouldn't believe them because those songs dont have the vai vibe..........and that is why i find cesar to be the best player(that i have seen so far) on the forum.........not that others were not good or anything, i just enjoy his music alot as it seems to reflect his own unique style............so i say it again....................
Cesar Huesca Rulez.

Branden
SPQR

ok only way this is gona end the thread and discussion, cesar is god end of story :lol: , nah but serouisly whoever doubts him thats a problem you gota address, but most of guys here think he is very talented and im one of them :D
Cesar Huesca

Hey guys!

Nice thread :) Thanks for those kind comments and words, most of you guys actually talk about me like you know me really deep and I'm glad for that, also I can see that some of you are keeping away from the Huesca covers/influences fact and are more focused on my own music, that makes me happy too.

About the imitation thing... well, believe it or not, I've never intend to imitate Steve Vai at all, playing someone elses music not necessarily leads to imitate somebody, so there's a difference between playing someone elses music and trying to look like the artist.

On the other hand is not my fault to be a slim-mid/long-haired-greekish-handsome guy just like Steve is LOL :lol: :lol: :P Kidding!

Cheers and thanks again for the post.

César.

TheRocKsTaR777 wrote:If cesar reads this hopefully he can describe his eq/settings on his amps,stompboxes,effects,etc.
This is the front panel of my Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp settings.

The upper settings are the clean channel, the lower settings are the dirty channel. Red "L" means master volume channel setting for live playing, "R" setting for recording.
TheRocKsTaR777

Cesar,

Thanks for sharing your deepest darkest secrets with all of us! lol I'm sure I can speak for all of us that we are all very fond of your tone..as a matter of fact when I saw your videos,I was like DAMN! thats an awesome tone.Thats ''the tone'' that i've been looking for but Havent been able to figure it out with my rig.Dude you kick ass! Keep up the good work!
Jem22

That's so funny that there is a thread for Cesar's awesome playing because I just stumbled across his work earlier today for the first time!

Cesar - your Boston Rain Melody gave me chills. It is so incredibly spot-on, but you still managed to make it your own. Absolutely fantastic, thank you for making such great music! :D

:guitar
vaiisagoodguitarplayer

...and the selected section of the Fire Garden Suite you played...wow
Cesar Huesca

Thanks broda :)

For those intrested in my gear and stuff here's a more detailed explanation of the pieces and the hook up of them:

Guitars: Ibanez JEM7VSBL, Ibanez Double Edge RG2020X modified.

Rack: Furman PL-Plus II Power Conditioner, TC Electronic G-Major Guitar Processor, Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp a.k.a. "Rec - Pre"

Pedals: Dunlop Original Crybaby wah, MXR Wylde Overdrive, TC Electronic G-Minor MIDI foot controller.

Amps: Marshall 30th Anniversary Series Model 6101 made in 1992 (only output stage used).

Hookup:

Guitar ---> Crybaby ---> MXR Wylde Overdrive ---> Mesa/Boogie "Rec - Pre"

Depending the application, live playing or recording, the Live Outputs or Recording Outputs of the Rec - Pre are connected into the G-Major inputs.

The G-Major outputs(left/right) are connected in stereo direct into the recording device and for live playing the outputs go connected either in stereo straight to the mixing desk or only the left output into the effects loop Return jack of the Marshall 6101(live mono operation).

Both units (G-Major and Rec - Pre) are controlled with the G-Minor MIDI foot controller.

The channel changes on the Rec - Pre are made by the G-Major via Switch Out.

Regards.

César.
shaggydawg
Newcomer

Cesar,

Your story is interesting. Here in Los Angeles, we see many immigrants coming over the border in search of work, any work. They are apparently poor, desperate for anything. This is the impression we get of the average citizen from south of the border.

Yet, there you are in your videos, surrounded by technology and nice guitars, full of talent and a good command of the English language, even sitting in what looks like the average American home.

How did this come to be? Is your family well-off? How is it you can afford to develop your talent day in and day out without the drudgery of going to a job every day?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I hope you don't take offense to this post... I'm really interested in the "backstory" here. :-)

Thanks.
Guitarmiester

Cesar, nice playing! I've never seen any of his cover before, I just checked a few out once I read this thread. The Recto Pre kicks ass, I haven't played one in a while. From the looks of it, you're using that Marshall for its power amp section. Have you ever tried the Recto Pre with something like a Mesa 2:90? Your sound is great as it is, just wondering why you're sticking with that Marshall. Is that an AVT?
leigh01

shaggydawg wrote:Cesar,

Your story is interesting. Here in Los Angeles, we see many immigrants coming over the border in search of work, any work. They are apparently poor, desperate for anything. This is the impression we get of the average citizen from south of the border.

Yet, there you are in your videos, surrounded by technology and nice guitars, full of talent and a good command of the English language, even sitting in what looks like the average American home.

How did this come to be? Is your family well-off? How is it you can afford to develop your talent day in and day out without the drudgery of going to a job every day?

I hope you don't take offense to this post... I'm really interested in the "backstory" here. :-)

Thanks.

I think or so I read somewhere, that Cesar teach's guitar at a local school, and he also gigs alot.
Cesar Huesca

shaggydawg wrote:Cesar,

Thanks.
Not offense at all man.

Well, unfortunately that's a fact, a lot of people of my country stare at The States as a source of work and try to get their lifes to a better level, economicaly, socialy, you name it.

But that's not all about mexican citizens, this is a very nice place to live and work, but I think the emigration thing is a matter of ideas and visions, personally I do not complain about, my family is not rich, neither do I, but we work and we live just fine.

My gear has been all financed totally by myself since 2000, I play gigs and recording sessions since that year, also I teach guitar in a music school so...

I got all that by doing my job, by working and that's it, I always save money for this and that.

I'd say this is not easy, but it is not impossible, I still living with my parents, but I'm already making a living of music by myself since a while and I got their support, they know that I take music seriously, as my job, my life project.

This is art, but it's my job as well and I try to do it as best as I can. I'm fortunate to do what I really want to do and try everyday to keep up on the scale, the key is to be confident and constant, be in constant motion and of course... enjoy it.

Regards.

César.
sunai

You truly have inspired me further cesar
andy82

I think the most influencial aspect of cesar to me, is that he shows people that IT IS POSSIBLE to play Vai music.

Maybe not to you lot of veterans - but many new and young aspiring players can loose motivation and self confidence when they attempt to play vai/satch only to find that it is way too hard! And speaking from a personal point of view, I've watched Cesar play a long time ago and it really inspired me and I felt that if I can practice, then I can do it too (although not as well as Cesar!).