Cesar huesca from youtube

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
TheRocKsTaR777

anyone heard that guy cesar huesca from youtube ? man that guy has a really nice tone..like he can sure nail that vai tone. I wish I could figure out a way to get my tone to sound similar to his with my setup.If cesar reads this hopefully he can describe his eq/settings on his amps,stompboxes,effects,etc.

Ibanez jem (White)
Carvin legacy combo
Original TS-808 Tubescreamer
BOSS DS1
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Morley Volume
Digitech Whammy
Boss Phase shifter
catscratchfever

i find cesar's tone a bit more aggressive than vai's, it is the only distorted tone i've heard that i think sounds better,,,,,,,,but anyway, i use a digitech gnx3000 so my outcome maybe be different than yours but, i use the legacy amp model, with high treble and slightly less bass, with kind of a low mid range, then i have the ds1 on with kind of a crunchy sound, as in distortion and tone at half................... i could be totally off base here compared to yours but............................ one thing i can say is that you absolutely need delay, for either a vai or huesca tone, it is IMO one of the most important factors in it............. by the way cesar, if you do read this,,,, Just know, YOU Have LIKE the BEST tone EVER! anyway good luck 8)

Branden
lester

ive seen him... and he can do such vai songs...amazing dude.. 8)
TheRocKsTaR777

wow thanks man very good points there i'm actually in the process of getting the tc electronic g major,hopefully it'll really help with the tone. =)
Right now i've got my eq set in the following order,and it sounds pretty damn good SO FAR. This on the lead channel of course : Drive 6.5,Bass 5,Mid 3.5,Treble 7,Presence 4. Tubescreamer's overdrive is 8:00,tone is 10:00,Level is at 11:00. DS1 is tone 10:00,level 12:00,distortion is about 9:00.
Ugur Dariveren

If you wanna Vai tone, trying to play just like Vai and you sound like will be Vai.
<Mike>

there's more to it than the settings, like werehere is saying.

but anyway check www.carvinworld.com, you should be able to find vais settings somewhere there.
Zeds.Ded

tone is in the fingers . . . . . . . . . . unless you own a Carvin Legacy :?
GregN

im 99% sure Ceasar had a big thread on his set-up a couple weeks ago...

ill post the link if i can find it.

http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21668

I think thats it^^^
SPQR

cesar is one one vai guys here, personally I would say he is the best player on the forum, from guys i have seen post themselves both past and present. Amazing guy :lol:
catscratchfever

my thoughts exactly fortheloveofgod, cesar rulez :D :wink:
SPQR

catscratchfever wrote:my thoughts exactly fortheloveofgod, cesar rulez :D :wink:
He does indeed, yet i have seen many players on the forum and play brilliantly at times, however ill be honest il never seen cesar make one mistake and also he learns his tunes by ear. accomplishment 8)
lydian2000

fortheloveofgod wrote:
catscratchfever wrote:my thoughts exactly fortheloveofgod, cesar rulez :D :wink:
He does indeed, yet i have seen many players on the forum and play brilliantly at times, however ill be honest il never seen cesar make one mistake and also he learns his tunes by ear. accomplishment 8)
I third that, not only he has, as stated above a more aggresive tone than vai-also my vafourite tone(cesar's) out there-and I even think ppl don't realize how good cesar his, to me he is already in a very high league up there...I'm still in shock everytime I watch his version of "Ooo" which is absolutely spotless and rich, and his own compostions on you tube confirm that. :)
SPQR

lydian2000 wrote:
fortheloveofgod wrote:
I third that, not only he has, as stated above a more aggresive tone than vai-also my vafourite tone(cesar's) out there-and I even think ppl don't realize how good cesar his, to me he is already in a very high league up there...I'm still in shock everytime I watch his version of "Ooo" which is absolutely spotless and rich, and his own compostions on you tube confirm that. :)
I thought that first time i watched his vid of a vai cover that mabe this guy is a one off and practicised like hell but its the same with every video thats more than just practise, its a talent that speaks for itself, i recognise its potential. :lol:
RM

Does anyone else think there is something hideously wrong about not only modelling your music on SV, but trying desperately to look like him too?

I couldn't watch these videos, I found them creepy

BE YOUR OWN PERSON!!!
SPQR

RM wrote:Does anyone else think there is something hideously wrong about not only modelling your music on SV, but trying desperately to look like him too?

I couldn't watch these videos, I found them creepy

BE YOUR OWN PERSON!!!
Well to be honest dude why else would one wish to join a vai community if you dont desire to play his songs and promote them for other fans to view. Its simply the plain fact that the majority of people on this forum love steves music, his gear and the way in which he thinks, so therefore they all want a little piece of that to form their own character on an instrument or everyday life. Even Vai has drawn inspiration from players t form who he is. Nothing wrong with taking a bit of vai and making it a part fo you.