Line6 POD XT Live

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
axeman777

Line6 POD XT Live

#1 Post by axeman777 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:24 am

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on this unit. Good, Bad (or ugly). I have some of the old line6 stuff and I was never really happy with it I thought it was "just OK", but I've heard some recordings with the POD XT pro and they sounded great! So I've been considering the XT live (for live playing and recording) I haven't had a chance to actually get out and demo one yet. So any opinions would be appreciated! (I mostly play heavier music, shred stuff, etc.)
Thanks guys.

Mr. Bluesman

#2 Post by Mr. Bluesman » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:30 am

Check this out!

www.myspace.com/ivanmihaljevic

This is my friend's myspace, and he recorded all the guitars with a POD XT Live. (check out Showcase)

al

#3 Post by al » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:23 pm

There definitly a pretty cool piece of gear

ive the podxt, its great

V-type

#4 Post by V-type » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:06 pm

I've had the Pod xt live for a while now. It's great! You can get pretty much any sound with some tweaking. I don't know how factory presets are, cause I got mine second hand. But it's a great investment.
It's more of a modeling system than an effects processer, but it would work fine for effects.

ppvai

#5 Post by ppvai » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:18 pm

its a great piece of gear!
you can nail any sound you want :wink:
its awesome and for recording, what can i say!
great too! :o

you won`t regret :)

axeman777

#6 Post by axeman777 » Thu May 03, 2007 7:02 pm

Thanks for the info guys! Looks like I'll be picking up one.

meandmrvai

#7 Post by meandmrvai » Sat May 05, 2007 8:13 am

Here is my bit.

I got a POD XT Live for Christmas. It is a decent piece of equipment, however for the price tag its a bit of a ripoff. A lot of the effects sound cheap and tweaking is such a pain. I have had a few problems with the board itself, the volume keeps cutting out on me whenever I adjust the input volume knob on the front panel of the board. Not to mention the squeaky expression pedal, which is really annoying and you can hear it squeaking over a cranked up amp. Apparently these problems are common occurences with the POD XT Live units and I would not advise getting one. If you are looking to play stuff like Vai does, especially metal, its not a board for you unless you want to spend the extra money for the metal pack add-on which costs 100 dollars but gives you more effects and some better patches. The presets are decent but far from great, I think the only good ones are the Cliffs of Dover and Run Like Hell patches and most of the CustomTone ones are garbage too.

Jai0705

#8 Post by Jai0705 » Sat May 05, 2007 1:19 pm

I enjoy the Pod xtlive...i've had one for some time now but haven't used it very much...but i know it's gonna come in handy one of these days...some great pure guitar sounds on there. does a good job of emulating some of that vintage gear and modern gear as well...i use guitar rig also and tend to lean towards GR just cuz i'm comfortable with it and know how to get sounds i like out of it, but i know i'll couple the xtlive with the GR one of these days too, get a lot of great sounds out of em both. It's worth pickin up... 8)

Melodic Dreamer

#9 Post by Melodic Dreamer » Sat May 05, 2007 9:13 pm

I can't say I'm nuts about them, but I guess they will do if your in need of something to play with.

jemgirl

#10 Post by jemgirl » Sun May 06, 2007 7:27 am

the podxt live is good!!
you can get alot of sounds!