Boss Pedal Q... Ps-5 super shifter

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
al

Ive noticed this before but i think its gotten worse, or im gettin paranoid about it... maybe both. but when i use the pedal theres a volume drop in the sound

I use it in the fx loop on a Marshall TSL100 and the fx loop is on 10 so its a full wet signal, but still a volume drop

It's mostly if not only on the tremolo arm setting it goes down a db or 2

But there is an effect mix knob on it that controll how much of the effect you want

I can edit the volume pretty much with that knob

So..

on the other settings its usually on 1 o clock even when tis not on so there is no boost/cut when the effect is on for example a harmony setting..

so the volumes fine

but on the tremolo arm setting theres a drop when the pedals on and when its off it takes about 3 seconds to return to the original volume...

anyone have the pedal or similer problems or know how to solve this melarky???
TongueNGroove

I don't own one of these pedals, but a general reason on most pedals for a drop in volume is a bad power supply, such as a battery going dead or using the wrong adapter for the product, or maybe you have the correct adapter but it is going bad.

Just a thought.
al

nah i use the perfect power supply and i tried a new 9v battery,

i also tried it in the main chain and theres no drop or effect in volume,

half the features work great in the loop, but half work great in the chain

:S i need some helps
Mr. Wiggles

brother al wrote:nah i use the perfect power supply and i tried a new 9v battery,

i also tried it in the main chain and theres no drop or effect in volume,

half the features work great in the loop, but half work great in the chain

:S i need some helps

hmm.. I know a guy that makes some looping pedals and things of that nature. I'll give him a shout and see what he thinks is your problem and how you can correct it.
al

That would be super thx
Mr. Wiggles

this was his reply

I'm not familiar with that pedal, but honestly it sounds like voltage problems. It's either not regulating itself or perhaps there's another pedal in the chain that's messing with it. Effects pedals are rather simple.....when there's a problem you:

Check the cables
Check the power
Take everything else out of the chain
Try it in a different amp

Once you've done that then you've eliminated everything so the only thing left is a pedal that's taken a crap on you. Not much I can do without the pedal in front of me and a multi-meter. Even at that, it's a PAIN to trace the circuit, something I do from time to time for free, but it's not something I offer up because a lot because it takes a VERY long time.

Sorry, I can't be of much help.

sorry