EDGE 3

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Pom-Bear

Does anyone have pics of what the Trem angle is supposed to be?

there isnt a angle marker on it so i cant tell if the way ive set it up is straight or not..

ive raised it so that the entire bottom of the trem unit (as in where u can see the line at the bottom where there isnt any bridge) is in parrallel to the body

is this right or wrong?
Igor

you should be ok.

one or two techs i've seen here, prefer the top angle to be flush with the body, but i find that you lose quite a bit up pul up range with that kind of set up.

FAIK, vai has the bottop paralel to the body, so like said, you should be ok.
guyver_dio

Yep that's correct setup. It's the same as how they have shown the Edge angle on the jemsite http://www.jemsite.com/tech/1setup.htm#step1 Also is how I have mine set up. It also is how it should be set up from factory.
Igor

guyver_dio wrote:It also is how it should be set up from factory.
wishful thinking? :roll:
Pom-Bear

the store i bought it from.. there was a laquer crack near the back of the next screw where its connected and it was set up wrong completely

ahh well

ive had to set it up myself

i hope its a laquer crack anyway... it hasnt got bigger or anything had it over a year still plays quite nice.. not compared to my other guitars tho ive set it up in Drop D :D
Igor

those laquer cracks are pretty common.

very rarely does it go through the wood
Rob A

If you look in the lil' manual that comes with your guitar, there is a picture of sorts in there. It isnt actually meant to be parrallel, but at an angle. Try playing around with it. You'll know when its right because it wont go out of tune when you bomb n stuff. It may be helpful to use a bit of rubber or something to set it then adjust all the springs n stuff.
gtrdr

Correct set up with an Edge III is to have the top surface of the trem 'almost' parallel to the top of the body....it should be just a couple of degrees raised from parallel position.

The diagrams that have been referred to on Jemsite.com in this thread are specifically for the original Edge and Lo-Pro Edge trems. These new trems are intended to be set to seem almost flush to the body to get the most out of their super-low profiles.

Hope that helps....

Steve.