Bogner ecstacy

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
BUCK_D
Newcomer

Which is Steve's Bogner Ecstacy ?

100b or 101b

sincerely,
pagliai

100b
Renge

I was lookin at their website last night and I have to say I wasn't impressed with what I heard.
lydian7

Renge wrote:I was lookin at their website last night and I have to say I wasn't impressed with what I heard.
Those clips are misleading. On all websites featuring amp tones and pickup tones you need to take what you hear with a pinch of salt, since 9 times out of 10 the musicians that contribute are of poor quality (I find at least). If you want to listen to a Bogner Ecstasy in action, listen to Fire Garden. :D
Renge

lydian7 wrote:
Renge wrote:I was lookin at their website last night and I have to say I wasn't impressed with what I heard.
Those clips are misleading. On all websites featuring amp tones and pickup tones you need to take what you hear with a pinch of salt, since 9 times out of 10 the musicians that contribute are of poor quality (I find at least). If you want to listen to a Bogner Ecstasy in action, listen to Fire Garden. :D
I'll agree with that. I'm familiar, intimately so, with Fire Garden. If that is the ecstacy then the legacy can collect some dust and the mesa mark IV can too.
LupinTheThird

"Tender Surrender" as well.. :wink:
LupinTheThird

lydian7 wrote:
I agree.. Some of the clips sound like complete crap.. I love the ones by Lyle Workman though.. His are top notch! And Blues Saraceno (or however you spell it), his for the Duende are AWESOME!

d
MarkRobinson

I used to be very interested in these amps.....don't hear much about them now though.
Splish

Hate to be the one to ask... but whats a Bogner Ecstacy :oops: ??

Splish
barhouston

It's an amplifier, Splish, and Steve Vai used one for Fire Garden. They sound amazing, and they're ungodly expensive, like all Bogners that I've ever seen.

Here's another take on the Ecstasy (though I'm not sure which specific model this one is): myspace.com/visionshifter
biancocat
Newcomer

A friend of mine owned that amp for a short time – Bogners are nice but $$$$ Steve sold his so he must not have dug it that much ---
cisspcism
Newcomer

biancocat wrote:A friend of mine owned that amp for a short time – Bogners are nice but $$$$ Steve sold his so he must not have dug it that much ---
No he didnt sell it, he is now making probably 250k a year from Carvin to play the Legacy amp. Every little penny helps. I think really Steve gets 100 bucks for every legacy sold which could add up to 250K a year
TheOtnip

cisspcism wrote:
biancocat wrote:A friend of mine owned that amp for a short time – Bogners are nice but $$$$ Steve sold his so he must not have dug it that much ---
No he didnt sell it, he is now making probably 250k a year from Carvin to play the Legacy amp. Every little penny helps. I think really Steve gets 100 bucks for every legacy sold which could add up to 250K a year
With all due respect, if Steve wanted to spend more than a year on designing an amp to sound and respond exactly the way he wanted it too, and he could have used a Bogner for all his recent studio outings and decided to use his Legacy amps, then, no. Steve wouldn't sell himself out like that. The Legacy and Bogner have a similar smoothness to them on the lead channel. As for the clean channel, well, being a Legacy owner, I wouldn't have it any other way.
cisspcism
Newcomer

TheOtnip wrote:
cisspcism wrote:
With all due respect, if Steve wanted to spend more than a year on designing an amp to sound and respond exactly the way he wanted it too, and he could have used a Bogner for all his recent studio outings and decided to use his Legacy amps, then, no. Steve wouldn't sell himself out like that. The Legacy and Bogner have a similar smoothness to them on the lead channel. As for the clean channel, well, being a Legacy owner, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bogner wouldnt do a signature amp for steve and steve wouldnt want that. He wanted an affordable amp for people to buy, plus Bogner could really offer steve much more of compensation.

The carvin deal is better. For every one ecstacy sold, probaly 50 Legacys get sold.
Petie

I'll be interested to see how the new Bogner Alchemist range sells. For those who don't know, they will be made outside of the USA and here are the specs:

Features
1x12 open-back Combo, 2x12 open-back Combo, Head, 2x12 Extension Cabinet
6L6 class-AB power section and five-12AX7 preamp; selectable power section
Channel 1 (gold): Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Volume, Crunch mode, variable Bright, Deep switch
Channel 2 (mercury): Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Volume, variable Bright, Mid Shift
Shared: in parallel, Reverb Type, Reverb Level, Delay Type, Delay Level, Delay Repeats (Feedback), Tap Tempo
Premium Celestion® speakers
Four-button footswitch included. Functions: Channel Select, Boost, Delay, Reverb