Why Can't a lefty have the same choices as a righty?

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
al

probably better off im, u can get decent tuning stabilty anyways, but now u can use alt tunings without the hassle of it floating.
Willie

That's what I was thinking too Al :), plus, it'll give me a good chance to really get used to the whammy bar and aa extra string, but I will say that I'll be whammying some serios effects out with it :D 8) :headbang :guitar

Take good care and peace always everyone :peace
Hobophobic

Willie wrote:And besides, I'm not bothered anymore because Carvin has proven to me that they really ARE a company that can deliver, I just got an e-mail about 30 minutes ago to say that yes they will fit a lefty 7 tremolo bridge on the DC747 for me, but it will be a Wilkinson and not a Floyd Rose
Awesome! That's a step in the right direction. I still don't understand why they can program the CNC to do a lefty Wilky but can't program it to do a lefty Floyd... but it's a start.
Willie

Hobophobic wrote:
Willie wrote:And besides, I'm not bothered anymore because Carvin has proven to me that they really ARE a company that can deliver, I just got an e-mail about 30 minutes ago to say that yes they will fit a lefty 7 tremolo bridge on the DC747 for me, but it will be a Wilkinson and not a Floyd Rose
Awesome! That's a step in the right direction. I still don't understand why they can program the CNC to do a lefty Wilky but can't program it to do a lefty Floyd... but it's a start.
Well the good thing is, my buddy in Scotland is gonna get me a price on the lefty 7 Floyd Rose because I will have the floyd rose fitted to the DC747 once I am comforatble with whammy bar, but saying that, they can programme the machine no problems, all that is needed is for Mark Kiesel to make the guitar body and scan it into the machine, then the computer, just scans it over night, then the next day, the you can put a block of wood on the the CNC and it reproduces the same body/guitar to within the tolerance of 1/10 of a human hair, Now THAT'S consistency 8),

To me, there's no reason why not out a lefty Floyd Rose, but I'm happy to have a lefty 7 with a trem reguardless and the good thing is now, I can easily ask for another guitar of the same and it will be exactly the same maybe just a different color or somethin :), that's just oozing pure AWESEOMENESS :D

I'm now waiting on a final price on the specs that I have requested including a vintage tweed hardshell case and so now, I'm not only happy, but I am very seriously considering a Legacy amp, but I'll be checking round a few others too :)

Anyway, the good thing that I have learned and it's true as to what Steve Vai said, about the No Compromise and he's right to be that way because I have refused to compromise when it came to a lefty 7 guitar and look at the result :)

Anyway, sorry for rambling on Everyone, take care and peace always :peace 8)
Hobophobic

Now for the heartbreaker. Unfortunately, I think somebody at Carvin misunderstood what you were asking. Hopefully you'll get what you want but, if so, you'll apparently be the only one that does...

To : "L P"
Subject: RE: DC727 and 747 Guitars
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:25:23 -0800

We do not offer a Wilkinson trem on the 7 strings, they are available
with a fixed bridge or a licensed Floyd Rose trem.

Kris @ Carvin

Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:03 PM
To: Kristofer Harrington
Subject: RE: DC727 and 747 Guitars

But the Licensed Floyd is not available on the left handed models
correct?

Date: February 23, 2006 11:09:40 AM
To : "L P"
Subject : RE: DC727 and 747 Guitars

That is correct, left handed models are only available with the fixed
bridge.

Kris @ Carvin
Willie

I have sent 2 e-mails to Kris asking for info on the DC747 and he/she was no help whatsoever, all they did was reply both times to tell me to contact my nearest Carvin Dealer, so that was obviously what I did.

Here's the e-mail that was sent to me, from the Carvin Dealer...

From: "contact" <contact@guitarlefty.com> View Contact Details
To: "'WILLIAM DINES'" <william.dines@btinternet.com>
Subject: RE: Left Handed Carvin DC747
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:17:25 -0000

Willie

I forgot that it was a bank holiday in the US yesterday. Anyway I’m afraid you are right they can’t do floyd roses on a lefty BUT they can do Wilkinsons – any use?

Regards

Tony

GuitarLefty
www.GuitarLefty.com
44 7971 644490

-----Original Message-----
From: WILLIAM DINES [mailto:william.dines@btinternet.com]
Sent: 20 February 2006 18:52
To: contact
Subject: RE: Left Handed Carvin DC747

Hi Tony

Many thanks buddy for trying for me, I really appreciate it because it is a nightmare trying to get info from alot of guitar companies and I do know that Carvin must be a good company, if they got people like Steve Vai, Timothy B Schmidt recommending them, esp for their amps, etc.

Many thanks again buddy and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Willie

contact <contact@guitarlefty.com> wrote:

Hi Willie, I’m fine thanks.

I’m waiting for a reply from Carvin – they are 8 hours behind us so there is plenty of time for a response tonight. I’ll email as soon as I hear.

Regards

Tony

GuitarLefty
www.GuitarLefty.com

44 7971 644490

-----Original Message-----
From: william.dines [mailto:william.dines@btinternet.com]
Sent: 20 February 2006 13:41
To: contact
Subject: Re: Left Handed Carvin DC747

HI Tony, How are ya buddy?

I hope that Carvin are able to offer the DC747 in Left Handed with the Floyd Rose, but if they can't fit a Floyd Rose, then a any locking tremelo will do, but it MUST have a whammy bar included, because of the effects that I will need on a new piece that I have started to write over the weekend.

Another thing I will be looking at is the Carvin amps, but it depends on how things go with the guitar details because there's no point in buying a new amp if I can't get the 7 string, but anyways, I hope to hear from you soon and if Carvin would like me to give them a call personally to talk to them, then I can do that, but I'll leave it in your good hands.

I really appreciate your help and effort on this because I have watched the DVD and I have decided that it's Carvin that I want, but it's a Question of "If they can make what I'm looking for?"

Thank you again Tony for your help again, I really appreciate it, take care and please let me know a.s.a.p.

Thanks

Willie

Now, if this is the case where I'm being told by a Carvin Dealer that they will fir a lefty 7 trem on the DC747, when they won't, the not only am I gonna have to put a complaint in, but also, it's gonna cause a whole world of shit because it doesn't look good if a dealer for a company is giving bad info, which I doubt is the case, but I will be making a point to call Carvin and I will speak to Mark personally and see what is happening.

I will not compromise on a tremelo bridge for a lefty 7, I don't give a damn what company it is or how they do it, but I expect a lefty 7 with a trem bridhe reguardless of Floyd Rose or Wilkinson.

Anyways, I'll get it sorted in the end 1 way or another :), Take good care everyone, peace always :peace 8)
Hobophobic

I really think it was a miscommunication between your dealer and Carvin. They will put a Wilky on the lefties as stated in the email you received, that's the only trem they will put on the lefties, but they don't put the Wilky on the 7-string models for left or right handed versions. The only trem available from Carvin on the 727 and 747 is the Floyd licensed and they don't put it on the lefties.
I'm not trying to be a downer, I've just been working (nagging, begging, complaining, etc.) on Carvin for a long time regarding trems and the lefties and I've already been through most of what you're doing. Trying to save you a little time and disappointment on down the road. Not that you shouldn't try but I seriously recommend being absolutely sure you know exactly what you're getting before you give up the money 'cause the 10 day trial thing doesn't apply outside north america either. You pay for a custom Carvin and have it imported and it will be yours even if it isn't what you thought you were getting. I'm also not talking Carvin down here, I think they are a great company, they just aren't flexible on the lefty trem issue so I'm going to be very surprised (and happy because then the door will be open) if you get what you think you're getting.
Willie

Thanks Hobopobic, I understand what you mean buddy :)

I did forget to mention about my back up plan though because I had a feeling that there would be a danger of this happening, not that it has yet, but in case that they don't fit a lefty 7 trem on the DC747, I have asked my buddy in Scotland to get me a price on the lefty 7 Floyd Rose and I'll have my local guitar tech install it for me and besides, I'll be upgrading the pick up to DiMarzio Evolution or Blaze Pick ups and so, it won't matter because there is always a way, No Compromise remember?:)

There is something much better for lefty players that is going to be available, something that I have started working on, something that is gonna benifit ALL guitar players exp lefty players :) and I proise that I will reveal alot of it very soon because everyone should know about it :)

Anyway's in the mean time, I'll open a simple poll and I would likie ALL members to vote in it, not to post because I will reveal the reason when the time is right, but pretty soon :)

Take care buddy and thank you again because I do understand where you're coming from and I very much apreciate it :), not just as a fellow lefty, but as a friend :)

Peace always everyone :peace 8)