Why Can't a lefty have the same choices as a righty?

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Willie

I hate to say this and I don't mean thi bad in any way, but any guitar company that is too damn lazy to have as much equipment available for a lefty as what a righty does, are dumb, useless and they SUCK!!!

What is wrong with the idea of a lefty player wanting to have a 7 string? :?: :? please, someone just please give me a good or logical answer to that and I'm not worried about guitarist population for lefties campared to righties because I'll be nearly as sure as alot of left handed player who have played to a damn good standard, who no longer play guitar, have most likely given up because when they wanted better equipment, they were having to pay rediculously stuupid and greedy custom shop prices, 2 companies that I have seen this in are Jackson and Ibanez :shock: ... I have been through Ibanez's and Jackson's websites and although they have great guitars, if you're right handed, but according to them, if you are a lefty, you don't exsist or you're not recognised as a guitarist, which boils my blood because it's stupid, useless, small minded and wsimply out of order.

To be honest, the more harder it is for me to find L/H equipment that doesn't take a miracle or a century to find, is actually putting me off wanting to pick up a guitar because not having the same choice makes me feel like crap and a little peeved when there is no reason what so ever as to why it is so bad to make ALL Guitars be available in BOTH Left OR right handed.

I'm not angry, I'm extremely disappointed in guitar makers and I think that if you're a lefty trying to get the best equipment, esp a 7 string, it either needs to be a model that isn't in production anymore or from a company that is as helpful as talking to a brick wall.

I would like to hear some feedback from everyone on this because I have just about had enough of having such a crappy level of choice.

I appologise for the rant everyone, but it is something that MUST be sorted out somehow.

Take good care everyone, peace always :peace
jemgirl

dear willy, lets face it ,we are in the minority. :(
thats why there are so little lefty guitars out there.
Logic

There was a thread once, Hmmmm I started it I think, that talked about lefty stuff. It concerned whether guitars are right or left handed. I am of the humble opinion that the guitar, like all instruments, are ambidextrous. I am right handed and yet my right hand holds a pic. I would rather my more coordinated hand was on the finger board. But i picked up a guitar and played it the way it was. Pianos are all the same way regardless of "handedness". Although there was a guy on the afore mentioned thread who posted a hyper link to a site that hand backwards pianos and the such. I would love to see some statistics as to how many left handed people actually play reversed instruments. I would be willing to believe that more lefties play normally built instruments than reversed instruments.

P.S. Sorry Trish. :( :wink:
Willie

Hi Jemgirl :), Hey Logic :) How are you? :)

I know, but it does get me down because of the fact that the companies make the best axes are the ones that seem to be the least damn helpful or open minded to lefties :)

I'm at the point that I'm having to try and find a Floyd Rose Tremelo bridge for a lefty 7 string and I have been to the Floyd Rose website and they have ALL of their bridges in Left hand as well as right, but I am have only found 1 company in CA, USA of all flamin places that stocks the Floyd Rse lefty 7 trem.

I have tried Ibanez and Jackson, but I refuse to have to pay more or custom shop prices because I'm a lefty, I'm here to buy a guitar, not get burped and I don't think that it's right that guitar companies expect lefties to pay stupid amounts of money and it's for this reason that I'm getting my lefty 7 made here in my town by a guitar maker, that way, I'll be able to have a guitar made to my own specifications without having to cough up 3K for it, that's exactly why I didn't go to Jackson.

www.guitarpartsdepot.com is the company that stocks the Floyd Rose Left Handed 7 string trem for all lefty's out there that want to consider having a lefty 7 made for themselves and if anyone asks, NO I won't buy a right handed 7 string and play it upside down.

I'm sorry everyone if I'm a bit peeved about this, it just isn't fair, that's all.

Take good care everyone, peace always :peace
lydian7

Lefty's do have the same choices as righty's. Just do a jimi hendrix, turn the guitar upside down and string it backwards. :wink:
Willie

That is exactly what I refuse to do, that was Jimi's thing, not mine. :)

Thank you for your input :) Peace :peace
jemgirl

lydian7 wrote:Lefty's do have the same choices as righty's. Just do a jimi hendrix, turn the guitar upside down and string it backwards. :wink:
ahhh thats no option lydian.
the knobs will be under youre elbow ,the plug also.
nah , no upside down guitar for me.
Willie

jemgirl wrote:
lydian7 wrote:Lefty's do have the same choices as righty's. Just do a jimi hendrix, turn the guitar upside down and string it backwards. :wink:
ahhh thats no option lydian.
the knobs will be under youre elbow ,the plug also.
nah , no upside down guitar for me.
My sentiments exactly :), Thank you Jemgirl :)

I gotta new lefty and a buddy of mine to join, The Rockgod :)

Peace everyone always :peace
xifr

Less lefties in the world = less people to buy guitars = less demand = less sales = less supply.

I'm a lefty too, but I'm happy I learnt to play righty ;)
acoates

Learn to play the correct way round, few other instruments make allowances for left handers.

If you want examples, look at Michael Angelo Batio, Mark Knoffler and Gary Moore for examples of famous players doing just that. You are at an instant advantage because your strongest hand is doing the fretting, Batio says it's what makes him able to do all that over the top of the neck stuff
Willie

Well, I'm sorry guys, I'm a natural lefty, I learned to play lefty and I'm stayin a lefty and those lazy butt guitar companies are just gonna have to start allowing more for lefty players.

Personally I think that it's pretty stupid that for a lefty it is supposedly hard to cut the body because that is a load of crap, all they do is use the same damn templaye they have for the body shape and all they are doing is deciding which side of the body is gonna have the strings on to determin if it's left or right handed, there is no eaxtra expence in making a lefty guiar than there is to making a righty, so as far as I'm concerned, there is NO EXCUSES what so ever.

If I had a guitar company, I wouldn't just cater for lefties, I would cater for both 50/50, the way it should be, do you guys agree?

Take good care everyone, peace :peace
galan

I understand you man, i mean, we have rights, but as said before we are in a minority, guitar companies do care about their clients, but they are also interested in money. My dream is to have a JEM, but i can´t because ibanez doesen't make them, it´s really a frustrating thing, whe you see a beautiful guitar, but you just can´t play it, and i don wan´t to become right handed, better keep up with my work and maybe someday i will get a goood guitar.... :D
Logic

Instruments are ambidextrous.
But I feel your pain ladies and gentlemen.
If I could get my right hand on the neck I might be able to play a guitar by now.. :)
Willie

I just got a catalogue from Carvin and it has just proved what I have pretty much suspected, even though it was a dealer of theirs, thay quoted me a priced that included a lefty 7 Floyd Rose trem, so, what I say to companies that are too lazy, "Go to hell!!!!".

Now, I have decided that enough is enough, I'll just order the damn lefty FRTB from FR directly and save any further heartache, but I am considering the possibility of becoming a FR dealer for the UK because seemedly, no-one has the thought of it.

I no longer care if I have to build the axe myself, but I will have a lefty 7, not just because that I want to be able to create the music I have written, but also because I'm gonna show all lefties that there is no reason why you can't have a lefty 7 with a FRTB.

Take care everyone, peace always :peace
al

you'll get over it will, funny thing is im right handed but i play leftie ive 5 lefties and im doin fine, im jus used to having the hassle of getting guitars
this way theres not as much choice but for the minority were not doin that bad,

but i love the way kurt cobains sig guitar was only made for righties :lol:

and even more ironic most guitarists and famous guitarists who say one of the most influnential people to them - Jimi hendrix... is a leftie