Carvin Legacy question!

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Post Reply
Guitar4tw
Newcomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:03 am

I am buying a Legacy, and thinking about this one http://www.carvin.com/products/single.p ... 412&CID=GA There is two different prices, the List and Direct. The list price is much bigger than the direct price! Which one is the real price for it? I live in Norway, and to get the Legacy I have to order it from carvin.com. Do anyone have experience from ordering and how long it takes before you get the amp?

Thank you!
CudBucket
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:22 am

Are you serious? It's the direct price. :roll:
Guitar4tw
Newcomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:03 am

Okay cool, so it is a lot cheaper than I thought! :D
bcgvh
Member
Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 4:26 pm

[quote="CudBucket"]Are you serious? It's the direct price. :roll:[/quote]

HAHAHA!!!!!!!! I couldn't help but to laugh at that!!! :D
CudBucket
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:22 am

Well, I didn't mean to be a prick. Just seemed to be an odd question. Good luck though. I'm probably getting one myself. :D
User avatar
Logic
Member
Member
Posts: 1673
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:32 pm

I want the V-3.
I really like the three channels that are the same and you can tweek them all to different tones then just switch to what you want.
I only ever use the clean channel anyway this is the amp for me. someone rich send it to me please!!! Beg Beg.. :)

Ohh with a cab stuffed full of V30's..
rocknuts
Member
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:23 pm

Yep the price is about right. And it is a well priced amp compared to other signature amps.

I own one, will never go back to S/S again and just love it.

Finding dealers in the UK was difficult enough, never mind elsewhere. I had to order mine from Nevada music. They did a good deal with free delivery.

Go for it.!
Hobophobic
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:11 pm

You can't order from carvin.com from outside the U.S. and Canada. You have to go through a "local" dealer in your part of the world. Dealers in other countries are NOT obligated to honor the prices, specials, discounts, promotions, sales, etc. advertised on carvin.com. They can honor them if they choose to but they don't have to. Look on the carvin.com main page and you will see in the top right corner a link that says "stores/international". It will take you to a page where you can click "international customers click here" listed under "International Dealers". That will take you to a page where you can select your country which will take you to another page that lists the dealer locations for your area.
Guitar4tw
Newcomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:03 am

Ah yes! I found two dealers that sell Carvin products, and the prices are good to.

Now I got the last problem, deciding between the Legacy head and the v3 head. I know I will buy the Legacy cab, because of the v30's incredible sound. Hard decision! :roll:
tambokgt
Member
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:47 am

Guitar4tw wrote:Ah yes! I found two dealers that sell Carvin products, and the prices are good to.

Now I got the last problem, deciding between the Legacy head and the v3 head. I know I will buy the Legacy cab, because of the v30's incredible sound. Hard decision! :roll:
what kind of music do you play...the only difference in V3 and Legacy is that the V3 has more gain, master volume, 3 channels, and all that crap....BUT the V3 CANNOT sound like the Legacy.

..for me...if you are a lead guitar player then the Legacy is for you.
CudBucket
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:22 am

Logic wrote:I want the V-3.
I really like the three channels that are the same and you can tweek them all to different tones then just switch to what you want.
I only ever use the clean channel anyway this is the amp for me. someone rich send it to me please!!! Beg Beg.. :)

Ohh with a cab stuffed full of V30's..
I had two V3 heads and sent them both back. I hated it. Super fizzy no matter what you do with it. It's nowhere near as smooth or warm as a Legacy. If you go to the Carvin site though, there'll be a handfull of guys raving about it. Someone posted a clip that was supposed to sound like Petrucci's tone on "This Dying Soul" and it was an absolute joke.

My 2nd head just got back to Carvin today. This Friday, I'm placing an order for a Road King. I'll put that next to my JSX and live happily ever after.
tambokgt
Member
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:47 am

CudBucket wrote:
Logic wrote:I want the V-3.
I really like the three channels that are the same and you can tweek them all to different tones then just switch to what you want.
I only ever use the clean channel anyway this is the amp for me. someone rich send it to me please!!! Beg Beg.. :)

Ohh with a cab stuffed full of V30's..
Someone posted a clip that was supposed to sound like Petrucci's tone on "This Dying Soul" and it was an absolute joke.
....some of em also did a "somewhat Legacy tone" ......PU LEEEEZZE.
Post Reply