Problems with my BOSS stompbox... loose pedal switch. Help!

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
SBarrett

I recently purchased the BOSS GE-7 Equalizer and I really love the diversity this pedal has when it comes to tone shaping. I have no problem with the functions at all. However, I noticed that the pedal switch part of the unit is loose at the upper right-hand corner... that's where the INPUT is labeled and where the phillips screw holds the pedal switch in place. Every time I push on the right side of the switch (especially the corner hinge) it wobbles and clicks... as if the the screw is not secure... or the hole in which the screw is placed has worn a little. I tried to tighten the screws but I had no luck... it just makes a really annoying clicking sound. Like I said, the function is just fine and I love it how it works... it's just the loose upper right hinge. Is this a common thing for BOSS pedals? What can I do to fix the problem? Or do I have to return it? I really don't want to return this since I already have done so many times with refunds.

Thanks!
-Sean
Morisson

I just looked inside my ds-2 and I really can't imagine the screw hole to bee too wide. have you tken out the screw and looke at it? maybe the screw is just messed up. In that case buing a new screw coud do the trick.
SBarrett

I did take the screws out briefly and I didn't notice any problems with the screw holes being to wide... it's hard to tell. I also noticed that both screws (on both sides) are a little loose. I figured that they are supposed to be a bit loose since the pedal switch needs to swing freely for the pedal to work easily. If it's too tight, it wouldn't work too well. Also, I found out that the reason that the right side of the pedal was wobbling was that the spring inside the box is off centered towards the right side. That twists the pedal switch a little, forcing the right side up... that's why the right side is a a little wobbly and the left side locked downward.
I might get a new screw, but I know that the pedal is just fine with internal operations.... that's what I really care... as long as the pedal works! But the wobbling is annoying though.
I assume that the clicking would not matter if I was performing live with loud volumes anyways. I just hope this pedal doesn't wear out on me too soon!
Thanks for the response Morrison! :wink:

BTW, does anyone here have a slight wobbly/loose pedal switch on a BOSS pedal? Is it a common thing or is it just me?

Thanks!
-Sean