Sonic Maximizers??

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
DAYLIGHT_ROBBERY
Newcomer

im looking into gettin a BBE sonic maximizer, ill expain my ring now

hughes&kettner WARP T 1/2 stack, 7band boss EQ into chorus ensamble into hendrix wah into usa jackson kelly, i already pretty happy woith my tone but the BBE sonic maximizer claims to improve a tone ur already happy with.

im looking 4 a heavy metal tone, dimebag style kinda, i no marty friedman and mick thompson and tony mac and jenifer baton , vivian campbell george lynch yngwie dave mustain satriani aprently vai and dave wiener use them, still i duno much about them would b great is someone could give me some info from a players perspective about them and will they improve my tone to give me a bone crunching metal tone that will also ripp as a solo tone.

if not that i was thinking about a compresser, i duno?!?!

aslo are whammy pedals any good ive heard reviews there real tone suckers and the harmonies are off? duno

all ur help would be apreciated!

woooo!
Real_Confusions

Get a Sonic Maximizer. :twisted:

I have one and it will improve your sound.
Lo Lo

Like I always say, "It's like the difference between AM and FM radio".
I have written and replied to many Sonic Maximizer posts. Check some of them out!

Here's a tip:

There are two knobs, one is for Lo Contour and one for Process.

By keeping the Lo Contour tweeked between 0 and 4 you hear beautiful precise clarity in your bass response with lots of delicious sustain. Anything higher here and you will start to lose clarity in the lo end! If you don't get enough bass by keeping your Lo Contour under 4, I would suggest tweeking your amp EQ on the bass side.

By keeping you Process between 8 and 10 you will add high end presure(cut)! This will make your notes incredibly crisp and clear and will make it cut through the rest of the band with no effort! If you turn the Process under 7/8 you will lose that all important cut, and it will give you that digital sound that some 'Sonic Haters' complain about!

So try keeping your Lo Contour between 0 and 4 and your Process above 7/8 and EQ your sound from the amp. Please don't use the Sonic as an Lo & HI EQ, you will be disapointed!

If plugging to the front of your amp, put the Sonic at the end of your effects chain, or if possible, place it in your effect loop.

This is just my experience with several Sonics and is general for producing that clear crisp singing sound. Different amps and guitars and styles means you WILL have to tweek it to your own tastes, but by keeping close to these settings will keep you out of trouble.....Enjoy!

Sonic Stomp Box
Sonic plus active DI
482i Rack unbalanced
882i Rack with XLR inputs and outputs
362 stereo Sonic

This is what it really does:

Last edited by Lo Lo on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bancika

Lo Lo wrote:Like I always say, "It's like the difference between AM and FM radio".

I'm not much into radio thing, can you explain difference between AM and FM please :oops:

Btw, the image at the end you posted is 1x1 blank, is that the point?
DAYLIGHT_ROBBERY
Newcomer

thanx Lo Lo but the picture u posted is a pedal maximizer i was looking at the 481 or 801 or sumthing like that i cant remember what there called, and do they have to go through the effects loop cause at the moment i have a boss line selector goin through that and it words as a volume booster 4 solos
Lo Lo

No my friend! they do NOT have to go through the effects loop. I run mine through the front of the amp at the end of my effects chain.
SBarrett

Now I'm thinking of getting one myself. This sounds like it could really help me improve my messy/solid state/digital sound. Are there any sound clips of the actual Sonic Stomp? I heard the demos on the site but those were specifically for the rack units. I just wanted to hear how the Sonic Maximizers work with JUST the guitars... like the purpose of the Sonic Stomp. Otherwise, they seem impressive.
Lo Lo

First of all, there's is NO magic pill!

If you have a real shitty amp sound...This will Not cure that...You simply need to get a better amp!.......

A Sonic Maximizer is icing on the cake....If you put flavorful icing on some shitty cake......You still have shitty cake!!!

A Sonic Maximizer will make a good sound into a great sound!...No magic!
DAYLIGHT_ROBBERY
Newcomer

ok sweet front of amp should b all good then :!:

anyone got any ideas about compressers will they help give me that "sledge hammer hitting a contrete wall" tone haha :P :?:

also ive heard dimebag used to put a rocktron hush C 1 the last thing b4 goin in the head and 1 bettwen the head and cabnet, to make a "vacuum" wots the go with that, i dont get it. :?:

im really just looking for with the gear ive got to get a percussicve accutate plam mute and like a full on good metal tone, cause theres alot of metal tones out there that a rat shit scooped mids or sum crap sounding combo