WorkHorse

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Lo Lo

I use a processor for a lot of my sounds and play through a really good SolidState amp. I only use the clean channel of the amp with my processor running through a BBE Sonic Maximizer, and the sound is lovely!

A lot of people who really like my sound always say that if I can sound that good with That SS amp, then just imagine tubes at high volumes......

The thing is.....I really like all the sounds I get out of my processor and don't really need a multi-channel amp, so I didn't want to spend all that money on a good tube amp, just to use the clean channel.

Then I saw this add.......
The best of both worlds (so it seems).
A 60 watt 2x12 Celestion all tube 6L6 single clean channel amp!!!!!
Can anyone tell me a little about this amp?
I am very interested!!!!!!

http://artbox.inkeys.com/pictures/Ad_588_12.jpg
Lo Lo

ANY INPUT AT ALL
Shade

All I can say is try it out in the store. Based on your description, and what discription it gets, it sounds like it's exactly what you are looking for.
SBarrett

Sorry, I really don't know much about the amp.

But you got me interested in that BBE Sonic Maximizer DI-100 in your other thread... so I wanted to ask about it here.
Do you recommend yours or should I look for the newer ones (if there are any)? Are some outdated/discontinued?
Are there any pedals/boxes that are just like the BBE Sonic Maximizer DI-100 but from a different company? ... or is the BBE Sonic Maximizer DI-100 pretty much the best? Are there any sound samples that I can listen to?

I think its cool that it could make the solidstate amp go from a AM sound to FM quality sound. So does it really give the amp more "warmth" like a tube amp?
I have a Digitech GNX3 Workstation and a 120 watt Crate GFX-212T combo (2X12 speakers). I do like the sound it has, but overall the tone I get at loud volumes is very "gritty" and not "warm" like I want it to be. I try hard to get a good tone with the Equilizers on both the amp and workstation but I still get that awful grittiness... all I want is the closest replication of a valve state amp. Like what you said, I don't want to spend so much money on a nice valve state amp when I will only use the clean channel.
Thanks, 8)
-Sean
Lo Lo

I hear ya

My BBE is the DI-100. It's the Sonic Maximizer plus DI box.

There don't make this model anymore but if you can find it, It's like having a japanese made Boss DS-1!

This is what the current model Sonic plus DI box looks like.
The DI-1000.
But now there have this out!
No DI box...Just stompable Sonic!
It very well could solve your problem.
Just remember that it is not a magic pill. You will have to tweek it to your amp but you WILL hear the difference right off the bat! It has a true by-pass so when you dial it into your amp, toggle it on & off while holding a note.......Like AM to FM man
!
SBarrett

Awesome, thanks! I did in fact noticed that stompbox... I was browsing earlier and found out about it. I'll probably test the Sonic Stomp very soon. It seems to be pretty beneficial.
So, it would go between my GNX3 multi-effects unit and my amp right?

I'll check it out! 8)
-Sean
Lo Lo

SBarrett wrote:Awesome, thanks! I did in fact noticed that stompbox... I was browsing earlier and found out about it. I'll probably test the Sonic Stomp very soon. It seems to be pretty beneficial.
So, it would go between my GNX3 multi-effects unit and my amp right?

I'll check it out! 8)
-Sean
Either put it at the end of you effects chain so that it is the last thing before your amp input. Or run your effects to the front of the amp and put the sonic in the amps effects loop.