Dimarzio evolution 2 coming out

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
j.arledge

yep, i just got my dimarzio mag in the mail and it had a new for 05 page and the evolution 2 is coming out soon. Sounds cool by the review but the only way to know is to play one. :lol:
Wempukkah

Great...Can't wait to hear them. :)
EVO 555

same here they should keep the pick ups on the bad horsie and themn when the evo 2 comes out put them on the bad horsie and make the origionals ltd edition
ultrazone_seeker

or does this make it look like there's another new Jem or two on the horizon, armed with the Evo 2's? just me?
EVO 555

could be they could be on the new anaversary jem
Nightmare405

that gets me so angry! i just got the original evo on my ibanez and now i find out that theres a better one coming out!!! damn you dimarzio!!!
fyrie

Nightmare405 wrote:that gets me so angry! i just got the original evo on my ibanez and now i find out that theres a better one coming out!!! damn you dimarzio!!!
It probably won't be better, but just different. I don't think there is going to be some new breath-taking technology here. I'm guessing that the eq profile is going to be different. But then again, what do I know? Maybe it will be an active uber-distortion active pickup... NOT!
j.arledge

this is the dimarzio description.
"the original evolution bridge model did exactly what steve Vai wanted it to do : kick butt and produce serious scream. Then he wanted something a little more complex- the same basic tone with increased headroom and dynamics so that the sound killed on 10 and cleans up when the volume is rolled down. With a little less power than the original evolution, the evo 2 balances perfectly with the evolution neck model and preforms equally well with high gain and vintage amps.

output 375 mv
treble 6.0
mid range 7.5
bass 6.0

the evolution bridge is

output 404 mv
treble 6.5
mid -range 7.0
bass 6.0

so there is a little difference but it will be interesting to hear how it sounds, anyone who has picked up the new album, it sounds a bit different and i would bet that he used this pickup on a few different tracks.
fyrie

Interesting! I suspected maybe less output, but I never would have guessed the mids would be boosted and the highs cut.. I would have guessed highs boosted, mids cut. I hope to hear this on a recording soon. If it is on one of the songs on the new album, I'd love to be pointed to it.
bkornaker1977

its sound to me like this is a good in-between sound of the "evos" and the "breed" pickups. i wonder if these evo2 pickups are ceramic or alnico 5 magnets...............
j.arledge

i donno, i cant find if it is ceramic or alnico. I am waiting for someone who is a little adventrous to try one and report back on it.

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem. ... odaythanks
Last edited by j.arledge on Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bkornaker1977

oh my! its already on sale!....im getting one!
GTR-MAN

What is "F" and "S" spacing ?
dave_777

The strings on a guitar equiped with a locking bridge are spaced slightly further apart. So because of this you can buy pickups with two different spacing "F" and "S". Just think "F" is for floyd. The pole pieces are further apart than on a "S" spaced pickup.

Dave.
GTR-MAN

Does that mean an 'F' spaced pickup would go in the bridge position and the 'S' spaced would go in the neck ?