VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:02 pm 
Newcomer

ok...first of all....you must know a lttle history of the place they played in...and a little bit of political background that maybe even steve wasn't aware of..this venue...The teatro Geox is a relatively new place and in this moment,is going through renovations of everything from the seating to the sound system...now....about 6 months ago...steve vai played here and the sound was incredible...however...there was the harp and if i'm not mistaken more keybords or playback keyboards and it sounded great but the harp got kinda lost in the mix....not much you could do about it..it was a delicate instrument...and a bold idea...but somewhat frustrating from the music listeners pov...as much as i liked the harp...it's absence in this show was a godsend....why?...because...teatro Geox is redoing there soundsystem...and concerts sound like crap inside that place right now...two weeks ago..I saw Elio e le Storie Tese at this same place...Elio...for those of you in America who don't know...is the best Italian group at the moment..They sound alot like Frank Zappa...but with Italian Humor instead of english...trust me...it's bizzare...it's like listening to zappa in italian...almost...anyways...they are very careful about how they sound live....have great mixers and solid equipment..and are very professional...and they sounded like shit...The speakers that are ussually suspended were down onthe groud..and you couldn't hear the vocals...or...anything really....now....9 days later..I'm going to see Steve in the same place....and.....no harp...thank god....4 peice group...thank god......solid tight arrangments with lot's of space for steve to play and be HEARD!!!All is well.....for whatever reason...may it be his sound guys...and i'll tell you...they worked MIRACLES....when steve plays at Padova...it's magic...
and in case you read this Steve...I was the guy on stage with the StarFuckers t-shirt on...gave you a little melody to chew on...:-)