VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:06 pm 

Just found this for those who missed this show when they aired it LIVE a while back. Looks like they are showing it again. Check your local listings for this network / channel.

This is still on my DVR. You will notice the sound gets a lot better as the show progresses.

Nashville, TN – Aug 14, 2013: Virtuoso guitarist and visionary composer Steve Vai presents “The Story Of Light Live,” a full-on spectacle of a concert performed live in Los Angeles. AXS TV will premiere the performance on Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 8:00 pm ET with an encore showing on Monday, August 26, 2013 at 12:10 am ET. The three-time Grammy® Award winner Vai, will take the audience on an instrumental journey playing songs from his critically acclaimed latest solo record The Story of Light, which Gibson.com declares “finds him continuing to push the envelope as a composer, arranger and, most of all, as a guitarist who continues to raise the bar for himself and others.” The record was released on Favored Nations Entertainment, the label Vai founded in 1999.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:46 pm 
Newcomer

I'll dare to ask, is it possible to watch the online stream of this TV channel somewhere (which is unlikely of course), or will be possible to see the recording of the show later (like, YouTube?) ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:26 pm 

i have the same question, is it posible to view the concert online? maybe on Vai's youtube channel?.

or maybe steve will release it as a download recording on vai-tunes??? (like porcupine tree do on their website)... i will shure buy that in a heart beat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:54 am 

Same for me. This preview is so amazing. I really hope he will release the concert on DVD or maybe on his youtube channel, since you can´t watch AXS TV outside the US (there isn´t even an online stream).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:41 pm 

Good news... it looks like we gonna got a dvdv from the show... Here's a excerpt of steve's chat on facebook last week (took from a tread on the forum)

Steve Vai: As soon as I got off the Pacific Rim tour, Jeremy Colson, my wife Pia & our 21 year old son, Fire, went backpacking into the Mammoth Mountains of California for 3 days. I'll be posting photos eventually. But now I have one week before leaving for the continued "Story of Light" tour and this week I'm working on a live DVD and CD of this tour. It's looking great! You can check out a teaser of "Gravity Storm" - just go to YouTube, type in "Gravity Storm Steve Vai AXS TV"

YEAH BABY YEAH!!!