STEVE VAI SHARES “THE STORY OF LIGHT” LIVE TOMORROW EXCLUSIV

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Vai.com Feeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

STEVE VAI SHARES “THE STORY OF LIGHT” LIVE TOMORROW EXCLUSIV

#1 Post by Vai.com Feeds » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:33 am

Vai.com News

Vai.com is pleased to announce Steve’s 10/12 live performance at Club Nokia in Los Angeles will be broadcast, live on AXS TV. Official press release below. STEVE VAI SHARES “THE STORY OF LIGHT” LIVE TOMORROW EXCLUSIVELY ON AXS TV Special live concert event with the Grammy Award-winning guitarist to be televised nationally October 12th (October...

guitars911

Re: STEVE VAI SHARES “THE STORY OF LIGHT” LIVE TOMORROW EXCL

#2 Post by guitars911 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:11 pm

HD DVR is set. Plan on watching live too... Thanks Steve for putting a new show out for the masses! My young friend of 12 yrs old is ever so close to playing weeping China doll, which he is playing by ear. Sweet!

LightWithoutHeat777

#3 Post by LightWithoutHeat777 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:32 am

Is it available on CoxTV? If so does anyone know what channel?

kyle am I

#4 Post by kyle am I » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:12 pm

guitars911 wrote:HD DVR is set. Plan on watching live too... Thanks Steve for putting a new show out for the masses! My young friend of 12 yrs old is ever so close to playing weeping China doll, which he is playing by ear. Sweet!
im playing it fluently all the way through and im 14... he shoulkd be jealous ;) just kidding its actually really fun to play. my advice for him, dont use a seven string first and he should always try to play it by ear, which he is, which i applaud him for doing. it feels more an accomplishment that way, inspiring him more and more until he explodes (maybe not that much) but its helpful in the long run for a young kid to know how to listen to something, know where it is on the fretboard, then play it. then, its easier to capture those inspirational moments when a great riff or melody comes (like the ones that you lose after like ten seconds). if he can do it fast enough, once he plahys it it will stick... and then he has a unique riff... do me a favor, video tape him when hes got it and send me the video- as wired as it is i LOVE to see other peoples interpretations of the song. Ill send one back too!n now back on the tv thing...

just checked and its not availiable in my area on cablevision (another reason to go to verizon haha). really bummed, but im sure someone will tape it and put it on youtube. Thank you whomever that may be in advance.

kyle am I

#5 Post by kyle am I » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:17 pm

LightWithoutHeat777 wrote:Is it available on CoxTV? If so does anyone know what channel?
cox tv? http://www.axs.tv/subscribe/

*room for one perferted comment on the name of the tv station.. trying... to .....resist*

pdruh

#6 Post by pdruh » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Is there any way to watch it from outside de US? :(

NFBOfficial

#7 Post by NFBOfficial » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:59 am

Is there any way to watch it from outside de US?
I looked for a livestream too but couldn´t find anything. :(
Did anyone record the show or will it be available on Steve´s youtube channel?

badwamajama
Newcomer

#8 Post by badwamajama » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:34 pm

I watched some early this morning, it's good. A lot off of the new CD.

guitars911

#9 Post by guitars911 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Kyle, will do. I am as Joe Walsh just released, an analog man in a digital world. My young friend will need to show me how to send the video over the net. He is just starting to work it out so it will take time to get a sweet improv. version done. He plays a nice modest fender. Beginner amp and just bought his first effect pedal that has more effects than my first rack effects processor I got in the early 1990's. The built in drum machine will help him greatly.

guitars911

#10 Post by guitars911 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Review of the broadcast by AXS TV as seen over a DirecTV satellite channel.

Not a fan of the first hour sound wise. Sounded muddy and faint or distant. When Beverly joined the band the AXS sound engineers running the broadcast forgot to raise the gain level of her mic on the sound board sending the broad cast out live. She appeared to be whaling the vocals, but her voice was silent the whole song.

Dave's guitars were hard to hear too. You can hear the broadcast guys messing with the levels during this time. They finally hit an OK sound around the end of hour #1 of the show.

Right around hour #2 the AXS sound boys finally found an equal and acceptable level being broadcast of the entire band.

Pretty much the same show that I saw in St. Louis a couple weeks back. Sounded much better live in the flesh. I only have around $4 in my home theater audio setup and that's from mid 1990's dollars. Simple 5.1 setup minus the .1 sub as it sounds so much flatter and even minus the powered sub when at louder volume levels. I like everything sounding even. Still have the larger speaker cabs on the L/R of my entertainment setup. Video has been upgraded a few times over the years. All in all still sounds good for movies and music.

I wish the AXS sound guys would have just took the outputs from the theater board and broadcast those signals out live. Steve doesn't do sound check at every show for nothing. He knows what sounds perfect to him. That's what I want to hear overall too. Hope they fix the sound and rebroadcast the show as a repeat soon.

Show ran for 2hr and 45min when it faded to black after the credits. At least I have an HD version saved to watch a few more times. Sorry for those that could not get the live feed in HD or at all. It was still very cool overall....

kyle am I

#11 Post by kyle am I » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:13 pm

guitars911 wrote:Review of the broadcast by AXS TV as seen over a DirecTV satellite channel.

Not a fan of the first hour sound wise. Sounded muddy and faint or distant. When Beverly joined the band the AXS sound engineers running the broadcast forgot to raise the gain level of her mic on the sound board sending the broad cast out live. She appeared to be whaling the vocals, but her voice was silent the whole song.

Dave's guitars were hard to hear too. You can hear the broadcast guys messing with the levels during this time. They finally hit an OK sound around the end of hour #1 of the show.

Right around hour #2 the AXS sound boys finally found an equal and acceptable level being broadcast of the entire band.

Pretty much the same show that I saw in St. Louis a couple weeks back. Sounded much better live in the flesh. I only have around $4 in my home theater audio setup and that's from mid 1990's dollars. Simple 5.1 setup minus the .1 sub as it sounds so much flatter and even minus the powered sub when at louder volume levels. I like everything sounding even. Still have the larger speaker cabs on the L/R of my entertainment setup. Video has been upgraded a few times over the years. All in all still sounds good for movies and music.

I wish the AXS sound guys would have just took the outputs from the theater board and broadcast those signals out live. Steve doesn't do sound check at every show for nothing. He knows what sounds perfect to him. That's what I want to hear overall too. Hope they fix the sound and rebroadcast the show as a repeat soon.

Show ran for 2hr and 45min when it faded to black after the credits. At least I have an HD version saved to watch a few more times. Sorry for those that could not get the live feed in HD or at all. It was still very cool overall....
if its not illeagal upload it to youtube

pdruh

#12 Post by pdruh » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Yes please share with us that couldn't watch for being outside of the USA :(

Guitar69
Newcomer

#13 Post by Guitar69 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:28 am

Watching "The story of light" was awesome as I wasn't able to see the whole show in SF. I would like to comment on the fact that I noticed his Legacy 3 heads although the lights were on the standby switch wasn't on either of his Legacy 3's. Which means that they weren't on. I was disappointed for the fact that I had just bought the same amp thinking hey if it's good enough for Steve it would be perfect for me. But the fact is he wasn't even using it. Looks like he still like the Legacy 2 better.

kyle am I

#14 Post by kyle am I » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:41 am

Guitar69 wrote:Watching "The story of light" was awesome as I wasn't able to see the whole show in SF. I would like to comment on the fact that I noticed his Legacy 3 heads although the lights were on the standby switch wasn't on either of his Legacy 3's. Which means that they weren't on. I was disappointed for the fact that I had just bought the same amp thinking hey if it's good enough for Steve it would be perfect for me. But the fact is he wasn't even using it. Looks like he still like the Legacy 2 better.
legacy one. steve didnt like the legacy 2 as much as the one. he uses the one these days. i noticed the same thing at my show. i know he wants the best tone, so i take his word for it the legacy one is more suited to him than it is me, not necessarily better (i only tried the one, never the third)

LightWithoutHeat777

#15 Post by LightWithoutHeat777 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Don't worry! When you buy things, but them cause you like them not cause someone famous bought them. I might buy the Legacy 3, not just cause vai uses them. But cause I like the tone of it and some of the cool features!