Steve talks about his upcoming record "The Story of Light"

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Vai.com Feeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steve talks about his upcoming record "The Story of Light"

#1 Post by Vai.com Feeds » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Facebook

Steve talks about his upcoming record "The Story of Light" track-by-track in this interview. A presale for "The Story of Light" that includes limited edition items is available on Vai.comSteve Vai talks The Story Of Light track-by-trackhttp://www.musicradar.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;The guitar master's epic new album discussed in full

egratteau

Re: Steve talks about his upcoming record "The Story of Ligh

#2 Post by egratteau » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Despite a few omitted words and spelling errors by the transcriptionist, it was a very good read. I was a little disappointed at first to see the Moon and I was on the record since Steve has my 99¢ for that song already, but he mentioned that it has been remixed, so perhaps it will justify the duplication.

Prezidentman

#3 Post by Prezidentman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:27 pm

Very cool insight into the album....I love knowing what Steve was thinking with each song...have to say the album sounds very interesting, really looking forward to finally listening to it!

Bryceybhoy

#4 Post by Bryceybhoy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:01 am

Love these insights. Interesting to here how he comes up with melodies and uses different instruments to perfect it.

Not long now until I have that CD in my grubby little hands..... :guitar

Jenn Pix

#5 Post by Jenn Pix » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:10 am

Thanks for posting. I loved reading the bits on each piece. It builds the excitement a bit more, for me.
And I'll have those thoughts rolling around in my head when I listen to it (I can't wait! 8) )...
I love having those little extra insights and inspirations when I listen to something new.
:)

litlgrnman

#6 Post by litlgrnman » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:36 am

Great interview! I'm so excited to get to hear this!

I listened to The Moon And I as I was reading Steve's comments about it and it really struck me. Hearing it in this way reminded me a lot of Resuce Me Or Bury Me which is never a bad thing!

6 more weeks...

:mrgreen:

prman

#7 Post by prman » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:55 am

But isn´t this album part of the Real Illusions -trilogy? Steve talked nothing of it. Why?

Bryceybhoy

#8 Post by Bryceybhoy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:29 pm

prman wrote:But isn´t this album part of the Real Illusions -trilogy? Steve talked nothing of it. Why?
Thank god someone else noticed and not just me!

The whole 'this is part of the trilogy' thing is confusing me (mind you, I'm easily confused). If you had written the second part of a trilogy and were asked to explain the album track-by-track, you'd think that at least at some point you'd mention the trilogy part!

Ah, you know what, who cares? It's going to be great to hear some new Vai music. Maybe part three of the trilogy will be a live album!

Zongadude

#9 Post by Zongadude » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:32 pm

prman wrote:But isn´t this album part of the Real Illusions -trilogy? Steve talked nothing of it. Why?
Because "The Story Of Light" is not a part of the Real Illusions -trilogy. It's a "standalone" record. Steve said somewhere (can't remember where) that he wanted to make another record before starting part II of Real Illusions.

Prezidentman

#10 Post by Prezidentman » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Zongadude wrote:
Because "The Story Of Light" is not a part of the Real Illusions -trilogy. It's a "standalone" record. Steve said somewhere (can't remember where) that he wanted to make another record before starting part II of Real Illusions.
Yeah, but things have changed since 2010....even the artwork resembles the RI Reflections album...

Virtuoso guitarist and visionary composer Steve Vai's new solo album The Story Of Light features a sprawling and expressive 12-song set continuing a conceptual and cosmic narrative arc which began on the artist's acclaimed 2005 album Real Illusions: Reflections.

SPACEBROTHER

#11 Post by SPACEBROTHER » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:50 pm

Have the platinum package and deluxe CD & DVD bundle versions of this release already sold out? I tried to place a pre-order and, no dice. I asked in another thread but had no reply, so asking again... :?:

litlgrnman

#12 Post by litlgrnman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:46 pm

SPACEBROTHER wrote:Have the platinum package and deluxe CD & DVD bundle versions of this release already sold out? I tried to place a pre-order and, no dice. I asked in another thread but had no reply, so asking again... :?:
Maybe try asking somewhere on Steve's facebook page. Unfortunately, most direct questions go unanswered around here these days.

LightWithoutHeat777

#13 Post by LightWithoutHeat777 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Cool to see this, makes me even more excited for the new album! Still really anticipating Weeping China Doll, really excited about that one. :guitar