Announcing Steve Vai’s 2012 North American Fall Tour!

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
mayuka

Are you kidding me... I've been waiting for almost 10 years and STILL no TEXAS DATES! I'm starting to lose hope. FML guess i'm going to Nashville.
guitarmattms

litlgrnman wrote:I'm curious as to whether there will be any incarnation of an EVO package or "hot seat" package. I'm assuming not as this would likely be announced already with some tickets currently on sale and others hitting the market this week.

@ jenarom - Not looking promising for Texas at this point unless the tour is lengthened beyond SoCal. If it were me I know I'd be making plans for a trip.

I emailed Andy about them and he said there will be a meet and greet. More likely an EVO experience and that they will be announcing it shortly.
khomel
Newcomer

I've been searching for how exactly to pick up prime seats for the Chicago stop on 9/28 and there's talk of presales (but no mention of how to get on those presales) and possibly an EVO experience...but no word. :(

Anyone have any other solid info?
juef
Newcomer

Any word on the opening act?

September is gonna be such a great month! :D
guitarmattms

I was looking at Ticketmaster for the Chicago date. It says something about VIP tickets go on sale tomorrow. I saw they just announce something about G3. It would be nice to know what's going on as well. I got several different sites to check. oh and opening act was announced for the Chicago date as well but don't know if she's going to be on every show though. Can't wait though. It'll be my first Vai show. Hoping for some great seats. We're still debating on the Chi-town show or St. Louis.
MerlinsMuse
Newcomer

Waiting for ticket sales to open Wednesday for Royal Oak Theater in Michigan (sept. 21). I would like to know if there will be a meet and greet for this show..its a bit of a gift to a friend and myself for our birthdays and we would love to be able to meet Steve =) The venue said to contact the artists site.. they had no other info
khomel
Newcomer

This is annoying. Now vipnation.com lists nothing, ticketmaster through livenation.com says VIP on Friday, but presales on Wednesday. But no info on what each will be. I wish the vai.com site would get updated with some deals so we know what to buy and when it goes on sale. I'd love to have a seat at HOB in Chicago this year vs. standing room. But how do I do that? No idea. Frustrating.
litlgrnman

a couple of movie quotes come to mind...

"hellooooo....mcflllyyyyyy?!?" and

"anyone...........anyone.........beuler........"
CyberAlien

Waiting to purchase tickets to the 9/22/12 Buffalo show. Noticed that there is a presale starting Thursday, and available to general public on Friday. Looks like the presale is just another way for TicketBastard to wring even more $$$ out of us. For $10 you can purchase the password. What kinda $#!+ is this? Hopefully this won't deplete al the close seats. Either way, looking forward to seeing Steve perform there again (saw him the last 2 times he played there ~ great venue).

John
paulgina
Newcomer

Does anyone know how to redeem the Naked Pass meet and greet that came out last year with the "Where The Wild Things Are" package?
paulgina
Newcomer

guitarmattms wrote:
litlgrnman wrote:I'm curious as to whether there will be any incarnation of an EVO package or "hot seat" package. I'm assuming not as this would likely be announced already with some tickets currently on sale and others hitting the market this week.

@ jenarom - Not looking promising for Texas at this point unless the tour is lengthened beyond SoCal. If it were me I know I'd be making plans for a trip.

I emailed Andy about them and he said there will be a meet and greet. More likely an EVO experience and that they will be announcing it shortly.
What about the Naked pass holders???
xlperro
Newcomer

CyberAlien wrote:Waiting to purchase tickets to the 9/22/12 Buffalo show.
I am also looking for the pre-sale code for Buffalo. I usually get an email from UBCFA with the pre-sale info for their shows. Nothing yet.

Saw Buddy Guy at UBCFA last night... great show!
Tom

Presale code for Boston is/was BOSTON. Worked for me after being stymied a few times.
xlperro
Newcomer

CyberAlien wrote:Waiting to purchase tickets to the 9/22/12 Buffalo show. Noticed that there is a presale starting Thursday, and available to general public on Friday.

presale email showed up tonight... presale code is THESTORY

PS.. if you're the one that sent me a private msg, I am new and dont have enough posts to read it. You can email me directly at X L P E R R O at yahoo com
guitarmattms

Is anyone else annoyed at prices for the EVO package?