www.vai.com/album

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Jenn Pix

*hmmmmn... Maybe story?
LightWithoutHeat777

I know this video was posted a while back but at least it shows he is working on his album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rvH1_rD ... ata_player

Also I talked to Vai at Rock & Roll Fantasy Camp and I aske him when he would be releasing the album. He told me July! Which got me excited! But I think Steve maybe just building anticipation for the album so that when we get it it'll be like a precious gem (pun intended) to us.

As for the title, I think it might be "The Toy of G_T"
Can't decide for that one letter!

Edit: I'm actually thinking its either Light or Thought.
Prezidentman

Looks like "The Story of Light" to me....but that's not a great title so I hope it's something less obvious...
Jenn Pix

Prezidentman wrote:Looks like "The Story of Light" to me....but that's not a great title so I hope it's something less obvious...
Oh I don't think it's so bad. I kind of like it, actually. There's possibilities for much coolness in a title like that...
Ah well, just my opinion, obviously.
Whatever it turns out to be, I'm just eager to finally hear it soon! (this summer, someone said.?.)
chris
Newcomer

I think "The Story of Light" would be a good name. Let there be light, etc etc

I used a crossword solver app, if there are 5 letters with "g" the third and "t" the fifth letter, there are still 56 common words it could be.

Some possibilities for the last word:
Eight
Light
Might
Night
Right
Sight
Angst
Ingot
PortlandAxe

"The History of Light" might be good, too..

However if what we're looking at is the actual album cover and the actual placement of the title letters, then obviously "History" is too long to fit.
Arauka
Newcomer

Jenn Pix wrote:The Story of Light
or could be
...Night
This was my thought too, and I'm fine with "The Story of Light". Sounds Vai-ish to me. But was he going to reveal the title if someone guessed it? If so, then this is still not it ...

Title aside ... I just want to hear the new album (archaic term alert, that's CD/digital download for you young 'uns) ...

Arauka
Jenn Pix

Arauka wrote:
Jenn Pix wrote:The Story of Light
or could be
...Night
This was my thought too, and I'm fine with "The Story of Light". Sounds Vai-ish to me. But was he going to reveal the title if someone guessed it? If so, then this is still not it ...

Title aside ... I just want to hear the new album (archaic term alert, that's CD/digital download for you young 'uns) ...

Arauka
I don't recall anything about revealing if we guessed it...
though that would have been kind of cool.
*shrug*

I'm with you, I'm ready to hear it! :wink:
Jenn Pix

random thought.

The Study of Light

*shrugs* Or not.
Who knows.

I just wanna' hear something!
yeah. I know. I'm really not the most patient thing...
Prezidentman

....any updates on the album at all?....I'm guessing not....
aaronm
Banned

well I have no idea what the album may be called but I am looking forward to buying it,,.. as I will ,

Im hoping the new album will have more heavy kick ass playing rather than ear aching fx or wierd tunes on it.

still I will buy it steve as I have every other album of yours because for some strange reason I like you ,..what ever you play .

Man you must have a giggle at all of us here wondering waiting guessing ,..all though a cool marketing ploy,...

Steve mate I think you have a little of the old ways about you ,...

Cheers aaron .
lydian2000

aaronm wrote:well I have no idea what the album may be called but I am looking forward to buying it,,.. as I will ,

Im hoping the new album will have more heavy kick ass playing rather than ear aching fx or wierd tunes on it.

still I will buy it steve as I have every other album of yours because for some strange reason I like you ,..what ever you play .

Man you must have a giggle at all of us here wondering waiting guessing ,..all though a cool marketing ploy,...

Steve mate I think you have a little of the old ways about you ,...

Cheers aaron .
If he read all of this he'd knew a vast majority of people like me who used to buy his records are mostly fed up with waiting for so long to hear(just hearing a snippet, a teaser...)a new album. A very weak marketing ploy that makes you buy and listen to OTHER artists (for which I'm truly grateful)while clinging to hopes of release dates that will be delayed time and again for so many reasons, which get harder and harder to find given that Steve basically owns and controls everything from studio work up to distribution if I'm not mistaken.

yeah, I know, why do I still care?
Jenn Pix

Hello?
Hello-ooo.?.

Anybody there? :|

Can we pretty pretty please have another letter on the wall? *flutters eyelashes all girly-cute*
I've been a good girl (mostly, anyway... :wink: ) and I've been trying to stay patient and all...
But come on... it's been forever, it seems. There's only so long I can last before I go completely bonkers...

(shut up, I know I'm already teetering on the edge! LOL)

OK... ya' know... just wonderin'..

OK...
:|
Prezidentman

Jenn Pix wrote:Hello?
Hello-ooo.?.

Anybody there? :|

Can we pretty pretty please have another letter on the wall? *flutters eyelashes all girly-cute*
I've been a good girl (mostly, anyway... :wink: ) and I've been trying to stay patient and all...
But come on... it's been forever, it seems. There's only so long I can last before I go completely bonkers...

(shut up, I know I'm already teetering on the edge! LOL)

OK... ya' know... just wonderin'..

OK...
:|
I'm right there with you.
BTW, check out this interview from the RI tour....Steve's answer at 1:57....it's so ironic that he says this yet the very next record takes the longest amount of time in his career at 7+ years....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9vUENUQ4Bw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;