Vai.com News | Steve Vai Festival!

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Vai.com Feeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steve Vai Festival in Groningen!
October 20-24th, 2010
August 4, 2010 – From the Desk of the NNO :
It has been 10 years since we started a unique festival in Groningen –the composer festival. Each year we organize an event that features an internationally acclaimed contemporary composer and this year The NNO, NPS Radio 6 and De Oosterpoort are proud to [...]

http://www.vai.com/News/steve-vai-festival/
Polymnie

"During the Steve Vai Festival you will hear several world premières from Steve as well as a symphonic piece which Steve has composed for the event."

Are you implying that Steve could be playing in others countries with an orchestration of this scope?
cbr1000f

Polymnie wrote:
Are you implying that Steve could be playing in others countries with an orchestration of this scope?
If he had the opportunity to do so in perfect conditions, I'm sure he would consider that.
But it isn't easy to find an orchestra (with rehearsal time), a supporting organisation, etc
Polymnie

Thank you, but we know that Steve don't like easy way. Then, let me hope! :)
afaruler159

Does anyone know if this will be on a shortwave broadcast? Is NPS Radio 6 on any shortwave frequencies?
EyE

No! They aren't on the shortwave or longwave frequencies. Only cable or livestream.

This is there site: http://radio6.nl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click on the little speaker behind "Luister live"
RAI

Polymnie wrote:"During the Steve Vai Festival you will hear several world premières from Steve as well as a symphonic piece which Steve has composed for the event."

Where does it hint anything about playing in other countries.......?
lydian2000

Polymnie wrote:"During the Steve Vai Festival you will hear several world premières from Steve as well as a symphonic piece which Steve has composed for the event."

world première= premières mondiales, meaning songs that will be performed for the first time in the world :wink:

But I'd also like like to see them performed elsewhere after that!

:)

:peace
Last edited by lydian2000 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Polymnie

lydian2000 wrote:But I'd also like to see performed elsewhere after that!
:wink: