Vai.com News | Pre-order the DVD & CD, Get A Bonus Album Dow

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Re: Vai.com News | Pre-order the DVD & CD, Get A Bonus Album Dow

#61 Post by Mikey » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks for letting me know.

Mikey :)
vai.com

lukevo

#62 Post by lukevo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:58 pm

Mikey wrote:Thanks for letting me know.

vai.com

You are welcome

I'm here to help :headbang

R1FSR

#63 Post by R1FSR » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:11 am

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Light Without Heat.
I should think so as well :D :headbang

lastmohican

#64 Post by lastmohican » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:12 am

lukevo wrote:
Mikey wrote:Thanks for letting me know.

vai.com

You are welcome

I'm here to help :headbang
You're a good boy, Charlie Brown :wink:

axhoffman
Newcomer

#65 Post by axhoffman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:03 pm

Zepman wrote:Gotta say, I'm a little dissapointed. This was the pre-order promise:

All pre-orders will ship 7-10 days ahead of the release date, meaning that many fans will probably receive the DVD and CD before the street date.

So I placed my pre-order a couple of weeks ago, promptly got my downloads (which I've been enjoying tremendously, waiting for the rest of the show!), and have been watching my mailbox for the package to arrive. Then the day AFTER release date, I get an email confirming my order has been shipped. And, there's a tracking #, which today, still shows "no information available" when I click the link.

So much for getting it before release date. Not a HUGE gripe, since I did, of course, get the download tracks. But if a promise is gonna be made...
I placed my order on Sept 11, 2009 and didn't receive my CD/DVD until October 6, 2009. I contacted BandMerch by email on September 28 (since I was supposed to get my CD/DVD early) and didn't hear back. I called Bandmerch on September 29 and was told that my CD/DVD wouldn't ship until October 1. I asked that they cancel my order, since I could go to Best Buy and get them that day for about $14 cheaper. He spoke to a supervisor and I was informed that they couldn't cancel my order, since it was already "with" the warehouse. This being 2009, I couldn't understand how an order can't be cancelled by just a few clicks of a mouse.

Anyhow, I finally got the CD/DVD a week late. Although it came with the downloadable bonus music, I'm not going to be a repeat customer with Bandmerch. I own everything by Steve Vai (including a PiL cassette, the Secret Jewel Box, etc.), but next time I will just go to Best Buy and save myself the time, money and aggravation, and skip what amounts to a $14 bonus CD.

You would think that companies like Bandmerch would focus more on customer service in an age where music and video can be bought cheaper at Best Buy (or downloaded for free if your concious allows you to).