[News Item]Steve Vai: Naked Tracks - Available Now!

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Vai.com Feeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steve Vai: Naked Tracks - Available Now!

Naked Tracks Vol. 1-5, is a series of recording packages that contain mixes of Steve's songs without the lead guitars. They are offered as "play along tracks." Included are select backing tracks from Passion and Warfare, Sex & Religion, Alien Love Secrets, Fire Garden, The Ultra Zone, Alive In An Ultra World, Real Illusions: Reflections and others.

Naked Tracks Vol. 1 - 5 are available now for download through your favorite online music retailer. A physical 5 CD package of Naked Tracks will be available through Vai.com in October.

Publish Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:13:05 -0700

Read more...

Source: Steve Vai - Official News Updates
Description: All the latest Steve Vai news - direct from the source!
ilyes
Newcomer

I take my hat off to you, Mr. Vai, for all the effort you put (with your team) to get those tracks available for us, your fans! I'll never forget your expressive, powerful, mind-blowing comments that you put together as a description for every piece. This also stands for the videos (VAIdoes), you guys put online. Impressive!
LoveBlood

I very much look forward to getting the CD package, any idea how much it'll cost?
Chukie

LoveBlood wrote:I very much look forward to getting the CD package, any idea how much it'll cost?
50$ give or take :) ... as Mikey posted in another thread. It is still a guess.
ZappaIrl

if it's anything like the sound theories cd's. it'll end up costing $50 vat and duty aswell.... coz of whatever company they use. the sound theories cd's were expensive enough with the very high shipping cost internationally.... and then i got a bill for €40 ($60?)....vat and duty. i wont be buying the cd set from vai.com anyway.. maybe amazon, never got charged vat or duty from anything from amazon.com
Zongadude

Just the liner notes alone (available on the official site) are marvelous !
I can't wait to hear the tracks.
jamming_papu
Newcomer

if i may say,
naked tracks + vai musicbooks = probably the greatest guitar inspirational work of all time. thanks to vai and co. for the naked tracks.

i do have some question in mind, is there any (or easier) way in which people from outside the united states can get copies of naked tracks? amazon music is probably the easiest but registration is still quite complicated if your outside the north america..

well, if there is no other way yet then i will just ask my sister in Florida to buy me copies and send it here so would have my naked tracks. :D
freaksauce

Here is a review of the Naked Tracks including a recording of 'Answers'. It shows how it is the complete original backing track with an extended section for improvising over.

http://www.guitarnoize.com/blog/comment ... s-on-sale/
Stephen Brown

Can we buy these physical format as yet?
Stephen Brown

FRETPICK wrote:Can we buy these physical format as yet?
Can we buy these in physical format as yet?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Not yet - they are still in production. Should be soon though! As soon as they're ready, I'll post a news item about it.

Cheers,

Mikey
vai.com
phos-phoros
Newcomer

Any word on a release date yet?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

It will be November now. Unfortunately the CD manufacturing plant we originally were going with was bought out, so we switched to a new manufacturer.

Sorry for the delay!

Mikey :)
vai.com
R1FSR

These things happen ...
thanks for the update Mikey .

looking forward to the final product im sure its well worth
the wait .
Mattw

Any ideas on pricing for the CD set? I'm watching the exchange rate become less and less favourable so I'm not sure if I'll be better off getting the physical CDs or downloading from iTunes. :(