[News Item]Steve Vai: Naked Tracks - Coming Soon!

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#106 Post by Mikey » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:49 pm

Chukie wrote:I'd like to know if the CD pack will be in my reach...

Thanks
Yes, the 5 CD pack will be available in a few weeks through the Vai.com Online Store.

Mikey
vai.com

Chukie

#107 Post by Chukie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Mikey wrote:Yes, the 5 CD pack will be available in a few weeks through the Vai.com Online Store.

Mikey
vai.com
Thanks
Peace and Love ...

laficojr

#108 Post by laficojr » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Chukie wrote:I noticed that the first thing you see when you're looking on emusic.com website is a "trial" of some kind for free downloads.

Honestly, the real human, who truly like music, will be never satisfied with a few of free downloads...

I'd like to know if the CD pack will be in my reach...

Thanks

You're right! And as a Vai-maniac, I've downloaded them all, and paid for them. And besides, a human being that works with music production, like me or some others guys in here, will never be satisfied with MP3 files, that's why I still want those cds so bad! :P
(I couldn't wait to hear those Naked Vamps, thats why I've downloaded them).

Yet, as you might notice, a mp3 file is so much compressed and will never replace a "true" audio file like Wav. AIFF. or even other some other format around.
I'm sorry to read that emusic.com is not compatible with your area, but I saw that your country was listed under the countries at emusic.com. Anyway, I just tried to help! Let's wait for the cds right?

Peace!

Chukie

#109 Post by Chukie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:57 am

laficojr wrote:Yet, as you might notice, a mp3 file is so much compressed and will never replace a "true" audio file...
Indeed it is... especially when You want to play along the track and then make mixed track with your guitar...
laficojr wrote:I just tried to help! Let's wait for the cds right?
And You did! I'm looking forward for those cds even more...

laficojr

#110 Post by laficojr » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:26 pm

Chukie wrote:
laficojr wrote:Yet, as you might notice, a mp3 file is so much compressed and will never replace a "true" audio file...
Indeed it is... especially when You want to play along the track and then make mixed track with your guitar...
laficojr wrote:I just tried to help! Let's wait for the cds right?
And You did! I'm looking forward for those cds even more...

Yep! Thats the point.The mp3 files can't respond to all frequencies like Wav. does. But anyway, that's a whole new topic LOL...
I'm glad to hear that you're looking forward those cds even more. They're great to play along and record some tracks at your DAW just like If you were at the mothership studio.

Cya man!

phos-phoros
Newcomer

#111 Post by phos-phoros » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:06 am

Any word on a release date for the CDs yet?

Pif

#112 Post by Pif » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:17 am

BTW, I have to just say it. When Steve gives advice about the guitar, the technique and the music, it's quite often from a very hight point of view which, even though it's as a rule full of wisdom, is hard to put in practice for a beginner.

The Song Rap from the Naked Tracks booklet/mini-site is simply an simple, essential and down to earth practical advice. Which is always a Good Thing, and should be appreciated for what it is!

Chukie

#113 Post by Chukie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:34 am

phos-phoros wrote:Any word on a release date for the CDs yet?
As It was written above, the cd pack will be available in 2-3 weeks. I think Mikey will let us know...

Ekim

#114 Post by Ekim » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Any word on pricing for the CD set? I like to budget my paychecks in advance and if it's a substantial amount, I'd like to know sooner rather than later.

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#115 Post by Mikey » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:21 pm

Don't have a price yet Ekim - sorry. Could be around $50 - but that's just a guess right now.

Mikey
vai.com