[News Item]Steve Vai: Naked Tracks - Coming Soon!

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Pif

LoveBlood wrote:
Pif wrote:As far as the vocal songs go, I'd really love Under It All and Alive in an Ultra World (one of the best guitar tones Steve has had, period).
Same here.
Oh. And Voodoo Acid of course. What were you people thinking, leaving it out, hey?

Look at the needy little bugger, never satisfied and proud of it.

The mini site's awesome. I'm reading through all the track info right now. It looks like there's a little mix-up on The Black Forest where it says;

"3. The Black Forest (Naked)
Form: The form of this naked track is the same as the original recording.

The cue to get out of it is when you hear the reverend shout, “Let’em go!!!” Then the track jumps into the weighty E chord change. From there on out, it’s hammer time. "

Just so your aware of it.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

27 wrote:The mini site's awesome. I'm reading through all the track info right now. It looks like there's a little mix-up on The Black Forest where it says;

"3. The Black Forest (Naked)
Form: The form of this naked track is the same as the original recording.

The cue to get out of it is when you hear the reverend shout, “Let’em go!!!” Then the track jumps into the weighty E chord change. From there on out, it’s hammer time. "

Just so your aware of it.
Thanks! I'll fix that.

Cheers,

Mikey
Splish

Pif wrote:
Splish wrote:Just reading the linear notes for RI:R, and this bit made me gawp a little
Steve writes in relation to FSE:

As difficult as this song was to perform and record, after it was done I thought… “Hmmm, I can get even freakier than that.” So wait till next time.
!!

Interviewer : Don't you sometimes feel like you're beating a dead horse?
Steve - Yeah, and I'll flog it until ir comes back alive.
That made me laugh :)

And welcome to the forum!
TheOtnip

Hey Mikey, just letting you know, no idea if you do, but Volume Three, the Fire Garden naked album is missing from the iTunes store (much to my dismay :D). Any idea why and when it will be up?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Should be any day now. Very frustrating.

If you really can't wait (which I can understand) you might want to get the tracks from Amazon's service.

Mikey
vai.com
ClarkyNZ

Mikey wrote:
sap wrote:Are the naked tracks only available in download format or can I buy actual CDs?
A 5CD set will be available too, but right now it's still in production.

Mikey
vai.com
Can we pre-order it somewhere soon please big guy?
Nickayre1984
Newcomer

Still not able to get Vol3 of naked tracks on Itunes and cannot download from amazon as I am in UK. Gutted. Every other track is fantastic though. Many hours of noodling enjoyed already. Love the mini site Mikey!!
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Thanks Nick. Sorry about the delay with iTunes.. it's out of my hands unfortunately, but it should be any day now!

Once it's up, you'll see us give the Naked Tracks mini site more of a big announcement on Vai.com.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Nickayre1984
Newcomer

Nice one Mikey. Truly an original concept from such an inspiring artist. :lol:
darren1408
Newcomer

Hi Mikey,

I just had a listen to them on iTunes they are amazing!!!

I will be buying the cd set - will it be avalible in the uk?.

Thank you,

Darren. :D
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

It will be available only through the Vai.com store for the time being. Only a very limited initial run is being printed. We're about 3 weeks away from having those.

Mikey
vai.com
chlamy

Mikey wrote:It will be available only through the Vai.com store for the time being. Only a very limited initial run is being printed. We're about 3 weeks away from having those.

Mikey
vai.com
Why make it limited ?

I am sure alot of people will be happy to buy the nice CD box set, so economics shouldn't be a problem as far as having enough printed so anybody who wants one could buy one.

I am one of them, and look forward to nuying the set and I have no trouble ordering through the vai.com store although I live in Europe, as I did for the Jewel Box (too bad the letters are falling off but I love it !)
R1FSR

Ill be buying as well soon as its in the Vai store..
when you say its a ltd run ..will they be any different
from any later release ? .. signed for instance ..just
a thought .
Whatever... put me down for one :wink:

oh keep up the good work Mikey ..whatever and whenever
its ready we appreciate the hard work you put in cheers
Pif

chlamy wrote:
Mikey wrote:Only a very limited initial run is being printed. We're about 3 weeks away from having those.

Mikey
vai.com
Why make it limited ?
'Cause the red ink of the booklet is actually Steve's blood.

Sorry guys, just pretend I never said anything.

Moving on, now.