[News Item]Steve Vai: Naked Tracks - Coming Soon!

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
ClarkyNZ

Man, I'm so looking forward to a listenening session in a meditative state where I can create my own melody, solos and tone over some of the most beautiful arrangements ever created.

I might even whip myself up a mind-stage attended by 10,000 pumped up fans going nuts to my inter-reality shredding.

:cosmic-bliss-and-oneness-emoticon:
lydian2000

ClarkyNZ wrote:Man, I'm so looking forward to a listenening session in a meditative state where I can create my own melody, solos and tone over some of the most beautiful arrangements ever created.

I might even whip myself up a mind-stage attended by 10,000 pumped up fans going nuts to my inter-reality shredding.

:cosmic-bliss-and-oneness-emoticon:
What you said. Exactly.

8)

:peace
tony2500ie

Thanks for the update Mikey !

I cant wait !!

Tony
Dublin
Ireland
StevieRayVai

They're available on Rhapsody today, im listening right now, very cool!
Stephen Brown

StevieRayVai wrote:They're available on Rhapsody today, im listening right now, very cool!
I see them. :D
Stephen Brown

Some of them anyway...
Stephen Brown

FRETPICK wrote:Some of them anyway...
Rhapsody
^
Is that legal beegal....it has the words...."share beside file."
Guitzilla
Newcomer

They are up on Amazon downloads also.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Hmm.. not all of them are up yet - either on Amazon or Rhapsody.

iTunes is still a little ways away, I'm told.

In any case, I'll put up our special mini-site for the Naked Tracks so you can read all about them in the next couple of days.

Mikey :)
vai.com
seeking 7

Very cool! looking forward to the complete package!!! Any chance of a naked track of "Under it All"? My fav all time Vai tune!!!! Peace
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

seeking 7 wrote:Very cool! looking forward to the complete package!!! Any chance of a naked track of "Under it All"? My fav all time Vai tune!!!! Peace
Unfortunately, no Under It All. Vocal songs are generally not included. Doesn't mean that they won't be released down the track though.. ;)

Mikey
vai.com
Pif

Vocal? Well, Under It All is no Little Alligator... And I'd love that track to get naked.
laficojr

Hey Mikey, Let me ask you something.
For now, I want to buy the Cds package, but are they just mp3 files or they're in better quality?

Thank you
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

The CD package contains regular CD audio - 1411 kbps AIFF files.

The MP3s on Amazon and Rhapsody and the MP4s on iTunes will be compressed, as they normally are through those outlets.

The CD package won't be ready for another month, but it comes in a nice 5 panel fold-out with a slipcase (as you can see on the homepage.)

There is no booklet in the CD, but there are liner notes written by Steve in there.

I'm about to launch the Naked Tracks mini-site which features Steve writing about each track, tunings (where appropriate) what he was thinking when he recorded it, and his tips for playing the song. It's a great read and super informative.

The iTunes version of the release comes with a digital booklet.

Pretty much all the tracks are as they appear on the albums, though in some instances, Steve has increased the length of some solo sections - which you can either embrace, or you can edit those bits out suing ProTools, or Garage Band, or your audio editing program of choice. In some instances, he's added clicks before the song begins, so you have a lead-in. He details these edits in the Naked Tracks site.

Mikey
vai.com
Last edited by Mikey on Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Pif wrote:Vocal? Well, Under It All is no Little Alligator... And I'd love that track to get naked.
Hopefully if there is enough demand for naked vocal tracks, you'll soon be able to get your very own lap dance from Little Alligator.

;)

Mikey
vai.com