REVIEWS: G3 - 12 DECEMBER 2004: SANTIAGO, CHILE

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

REVIEWS: G3 - 12 DECEMBER 2004: SANTIAGO, CHILE

#1 Post by Mikey » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:57 pm

Did you attend the final G3 South America show on December 12 in Santiago, Chile?

Please post your reviews here.

Thanx,

Mikey :)
vai.com
Last edited by Mikey on Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

YtsejaM
Newcomer

#2 Post by YtsejaM » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:56 pm

I have no words.... It was... AMAZING... Thanks Guys for come here... We´ll waiting for you the next Year... this is your Home!!!!... I can´t believe this, I´m very even shocked.... Sorry, but my english is not perfect under these conditions...

See you soon Guys

Sergio Romero Arratia.

CHILE

mamatesta
Newcomer

Concert review

#3 Post by mamatesta » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:52 pm

What can I say. The show sounded perfect. The guys played amazing. The crowd was on. All in all a perfect show.

Highlights:

- During Rockin' In The Free World, when the first chorus comes, out of nowhere appears Jeremy with... A cowbell. The look in his face was the total emulation of Will Ferrell. Really hilarious for those who got it.

- An extra song during the encore. Going Down with local guitarrist Alejandro Silva.

I really hope Vai comes again. He's really on fire right now.

chingue
Newcomer

#4 Post by chingue » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:45 am

the best night of my life...
really amazing what they do. Hope to see you in the tour of your new album next year

Dany_Vai

#5 Post by Dany_Vai » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:43 am

I no have Words ....
Was a great night!!! one of the best of all my life!!! :D :D :shock:
I can`t believe all this .. is a dream come true! .. the first time that I see Steve in a concert ,Is a God!! :D

The show was excellent !!! and I hope Steve coming to Chile again!! , Here want more Vai :D , more G3!!! 8)
The show of Steve was perfect , he was very receptive with the people , and the public was amazing too , I see Steve Happy :P

And Steve y Joe playing with Alejandro Silva , that was impressive :D

THANKS FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D I´m Happy!!!

Gretings from Chile ... sorry for my english :oops:

pd:my brother take some pics in the concert , more later I can post here :P

AnemicRoyalty
Newcomer

Re: Concert review

#6 Post by AnemicRoyalty » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:37 am

mamatesta wrote:During Rockin' In The Free World, when the first chorus comes, out of nowhere appears Jeremy with... A cowbell. The look in his face was the total emulation of Will Ferrell. Really hilarious for those who got it.
Hahaha yeah, that was really funny. pure improvisation :lol:

And the concert... wow, I'm still shocked. I couldn't even blink while Steve was playing, and he made the perfect trio with Joe and Robert Fripp (I wished Fripp would have played longer though)...

He's a show for himself... what a man. I really enjoyed the show... I just wish he comes next year for his new world tour as he said... God it was awesome!

I took some pics of the show, I'll post them as soon as I can (by the way, hello, I'm new to the board and I'm from Chile)

Greetings

Fabiola

felipe82
Newcomer

#7 Post by felipe82 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:54 am

OMG!! Steve sounded like crap but it didn't really matter because i was just too happy!!!! :D

Thank you guys so much for coming down here, and please COME BACK AGAIN ANYTIME!!!!!!

PLEASE POST YOUR PHOTOS!!!!!!!!! (anyone took pics when Steve got that chilean flag???)

Ram
Newcomer

#8 Post by Ram » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:03 am

Pleas Steve , come next year !!!!! ( as you said in the concert :D ) .
The show was just amazing , Vai and the band were incredible !

Annie
Newcomer

#9 Post by Annie » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:15 am

The show was amazing, if anyone has pics please post!!! :wink:

I tried to take a pic when Steve was holding the chilean flag, but my camera is....like crap :shock: :oops: And I was very far away from him...Next time I'd like to be on the VIP section 8)

Anyway....It was a great show, everyone played excellent ; Steve, Joe, Robert.... I was very glad that the public showed respect for him, and even started to scream his name...Not like in other countries, as a friend of mine told me.... :shock: The other musicians were great aswell of course, Billy is awesome! :D

Greetings from Chile =)

spawnjim
Newcomer

#10 Post by spawnjim » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:52 pm

Outrageous!!! I'm speakless! :shock:

Lookin' this guitar gods is the thing I'll never forget. And the appearence of Alejandro Silva was so fuckin' amazing. That was the real G4. See ya!!!!

YtsejaM
Newcomer

#11 Post by YtsejaM » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:02 pm

I have some pics of the Show!!!, looks Great :D .

This Pic is from Stevie in the beginning of the show with his Triple Neck Guitar, Taken from the Website www.frag.cl

Lacanito
Newcomer

#12 Post by Lacanito » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:56 pm

Man, the concert was awesome. Mr Vai really kicked ass las night!!!! I think he was really happy for being in Santiago and really happy to play for us. Special moment when the band played For The Love of God, and also, the lick trade between Vai and Macalpine really kicked ass. Thanks for coming here Steve and we will be waiting for you next year!!!!

Israelito
Newcomer

G3? no... G4? hummm joke.... G2? Yes that's what it was

#13 Post by Israelito » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:44 pm

The subject said it all...
The day that i get my ticket i read it about k times just to be sure of that i wasnt dreaming...
It was clear " G3 VIP Platinum " Satriani Vai Fripp...
Theres no words to say about Steve... i just wanna saw him playing... and really for me he was perfect... a great musician, with a great band and such a good showman, on stage he was god.
About Satch... a little "overcome" with the new album to much " is there love in space " when if we put our hand on our heart to say the truth the last 3 albums has been more "lees" than "more "more"... kinda boring...
About his band, only Jeff on drums ccould be something... the others where just like ghosts.
About Fripp... was there a Fripp??? oh i know!!! About 10 ft behind of the drums, sitting in a case of an amp i saw a Shadow... playing not even a half of a solo and getting out only by the left channel of sound...
I think that was awfull... why to say that robert fripp will be there if he wasnt. I prefered a k times to put a king krimson live show on a hometheater than saw Fripp or Listen Fripp the way it sound l.n.t.

To finish... Vai perfect, Satch Boring And no Fripp... Was my dreamed "G1 and a half" ....
But instead of everything... I love Steve and i'll be in any show that he performe's in Chile.
Grtngs.

Israel Nudelman
Santiago Chile.

( Sorry about the eng... )

Natalia Becker
Newcomer

Natalia Becker

#14 Post by Natalia Becker » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:59 pm

the concert was amazing, steve is so great!!!!!, Joe and fripp were incredible too!, i'll never forget this night, thanks steve, joe, and robert for
come to chile, and please steve come back. :D

"Keep on rockin' on the free world!" :guitar

Dany_Vai

#15 Post by Dany_Vai » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:38 pm

Some pics from a fan that I found ......

http://pcollaog.lcampino.cl/fotos/index ... e=g3_chile

:P