REVIEWS: 22 JULY 2004: PERTH, AUSTRALIA

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
Moderator777

Did you attend this show at Metro City? We'd love to hear your comments! Post away!

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
ssstinger
Newcomer

it was a great show everyone played good
its the 3rd time ive seen them
this must be the best cause i got my box set signed by Mr Vai
and a photo with him.I still cant believe i met him its so cool
sss.
:)
Last edited by ssstinger on Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VampirisNocturna
Newcomer

OMG... IVE JUST SEEN GOD...
i dont think anyone shuld be told the setlist... lets leave the details for the band to show the other cities...
but it was probably one of the best shows ive ever EVER seen... Vai IS THE ENTERTAINER...
thank you Mr Vai..................
Bono

Noooo we need the setlist!
Roy Boy

Tell everyone after the 27th, k? :D
oneinchman
Newcomer

well I saw the show last night! Holy mother of god it was awesome! I was right at the front the whole night and I had one of the best times of my life! Steve Vai was unbelievable. This was my first time seeing him in person and he blew me away!!! Steve looked at me right in the eye a couple of times which was kinda freaky but very cool. He did that with a lot of people. I had such a great view, could see the whole stage and at one point in the show he came like right up to us and I was like an arms length away from him!! Billy was awesome on bass as well, some of the stuff he did was unbelievable, all the guys were great, really talented musicians. I almost got a drumstick from the drummer but the people next to me got it instead. I had such a great time and I wanna thank Steve Vai for coming to Perth and putting on a great show!!!!
mn
Newcomer

Moderator777 wrote:Did you attend this show at Metro City? We'd love to hear your comments! Post away!

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
Steve has been to Perth 3 times, and I've seen all the shows. They've all been absolutely fantastic. It was a privilege again to watch Steve and his band play last night and give so much to the audience in the process. The playing, musicianship, sheer brilliance again were astounding and a pleasure to watch and experience. It's a magic experience to see Dave, Billy, Tony, and Jeremy work so well together with Steve to produce such a musical tour de force and have so much fun at the same time. For me the thing I will always remember though is the passion that comes Steve and is in his music, and how much Steve gives of himself in giving us that music. Thanks again. Hope you come back soon, cause I'll be there.
PS Personal faves were "Whisper and a prayer", "Bangkok", and "For the love of God"
ElectricG

I'm seein vai tomorrow night at Adelaide. I hope it's as good as u guys say :D
Jack_Butler
Newcomer

Well that was an awesome show, everything I expected from this band, and Steve played more free form than the last gig at Metros.

Having said that, my only grievance was it was mixed too loud to the point it was distorting badly from the left and right main speaker boxes. The opening band (they were awesome, what was their name again?) was mixed much better, then for the main show the guys on the front desk felt it was necessary to crank it to 11 and completely ruin the clarity of the sound.

Anyway, but Im not here to complain..

Thanks Steve for another stellar performance. That intro to FTLOG reminded me of when Steve mentioned he heard the music in his head as a melody and knew something was about to happen. It was very magical. Like a thought that transcended into reality as he opening up with the main theme. Brilliant.

Oh yeah and Steve, thanks for the autograph :)
skunk
Newcomer

Stop it guys, your giving me a fat. I've got two more sleeps before I get to the concert and am I looking forward to it big time. Thanks for the hint of the three songs that are on the setlist, because they are all great songs and I am looking forward immensly to hearing such brilliance live.
Bono, seen as you want the setlist so bad, I am going to PM you with the setlist after the show, so I don't spoil it for everybody else.
Cheers to all my fellow Steve Vai fans across the world.
summer_sky

oneinchman wrote:well I saw the show last night! Holy mother of god it was awesome! I was right at the front the whole night and I had one of the best times of my life! Steve Vai was unbelievable. This was my first time seeing him in person and he blew me away!!! Steve looked at me right in the eye a couple of times which was kinda freaky but very cool. He did that with a lot of people. I had such a great view, could see the whole stage and at one point in the show he came like right up to us and I was like an arms length away from him!!...
it is really cool to make direct eye contact, isn't it, oneinchman? :) just makes the show that much more personal. the eyes are the windows to the soul, you know, and you just looked into the very soul of Steve's live show. sooo cool :)
daddyrocka
Newcomer

Hey everybody,

What can I say that hasn't already been said, Steve is one of the best on the planet at putting a great rock show on. I must agree with Jack Butler though, I was off to the left of the stage and I thought the mix was a bit muffled, it wasn't as clean as the last time from vague memory.

That is the only criticism and it is minor, the rest of the gig is unbelievable. I was a bit disappointed that Virgila Donati wasn't playing but young Jezza Colson is a tubthumper extraordinaiire, Dave Weiner played excellently again as always, consumate performer that kid is, Billy was... well... Billy, I guess. Steve introduces him as the greatest rock bassist in the world, I think is an understatement and Tony melted my head right down to my shoulders several times last night. :shock:

I left the best for last, Steve, I met a few friends for the first time last night and told them they were about to experience a life changing moment. From the moment that Steve came on stage, he owned that audience, man it was to be seen to be believed.

Steve, do what ever you have to do to stay safe, man. We want you on this planet for as long as you are meant to be. Hendrix was taken from us way too soon.

Also at the signing on the Wednesday, thanks for the autographs, first one onto the stage, baby!!! Hey Mikey too, by the way
zappadons

Living in the UK I wont get to any of the gigs so if someone could inform me of the setlists by email rather than revealing it on here my email address is

pittodrie83@aol.com

Thanks!
Bono

Yeah me too...I would be really greatful if someone could send me the setlist via a pm, or through an email - sam_at2001@hotmail.com ..thanks :)
skunk
Newcomer

Consider it done. As soon as I go to the Melbourne concert tomorrow night, I will drop you two an e-mail.